radio VHF/UHF HF/FM/AM HELP

· 80 · 15279

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
Re: radio VHF/UHF HF/FM/AM HELP
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
I was the same when I had the set in the disco. Didn't hear many people on. Try using the repeaters. Might get more that way. I'm sure I'll find a course soon. I hope lol.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

coolcamper55

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
Jon,
I think I live in a VHF/UHF blackhole. If I drive away from here, I can listen to people chatting, but not much here. Hope there's someone with vhf on board at the GRR at Sloy on Sunday. Nice and high up, over 300m above sea level.
I have got the SWR down on my CB now. It was about 5 and I've got it down to about 1.5 to 2.5, so I can at least use that now.
Hope you get your course soon, mate.
Geoff :)
Its probably not helping that you can only fire out 10 watts either, need to get the intermediate exam passed, then you can step up to 50 watts and reach more repeaters. Not sure where your QTH is otherwise might be able to offer more advice.

When you go to Sloy you will be able to hit quite a few repeaters in Ayrshire and D & G. Have a look at the ETC web site it will show the locations and frequencies the repeaters are operating on

http://www.ukrepeater.net/index.html
Also reading that you had a high SWR on the CB rig makes me wonder if you have similar issues on the VHF set. CB SWR meters dont always work on measuring VHF SWR's

Anymore drop me a PM.

Tommy

geoffg

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »
Tommy,the SWR on the VHF set is very low. I bought anSX40 meter with the twin needles which does 140 to 626 MHz. My QTH is Comrie in Fife, but we seem to be in a dip, according to the guy who put our TV aerial up!!
Yes, mate, the Intermediate course looks good. I've got the book, just a matter of getting on a course.
By the way, Sloy is at the top end of Loch Lomond.  :-*
Cheers
Geoff :)

coolcamper55

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2011, 09:35:08 PM »
Oh that Sloy :-[
Thats where the power staion is if I remember correctly ;)
In that case your best bet will be the PA repeater, its situated in Langbank on the south side of the Clyde, 145.625m RX with a 600k shift down for TX.

You should be able to pick up the repeaters across the central belt, Perth, Stirling, North Glasgow while on route.

I would give you a shout but I am in Aviemore working with Raynet on a charity event, 50 mile walk in 24 Hours, for the Prince of Wales trust

tgreer

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2011, 11:31:27 PM »
Oh that Sloy :-[
Thats where the power staion is if I remember correctly ;)
In that case your best bet will be the PA repeater, its situated in Langbank on the south side of the Clyde, 145.625m RX with a 600k shift down for TX.

You should be able to pick up the repeaters across the central belt, Perth, Stirling, North Glasgow while on route.

I would give you a shout but I am in Aviemore working with Raynet on a charity event, 50 mile walk in 24 Hours, for the Prince of Wales trust

Who gave you a 2M0 callsign? :P
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex