Helping out with your 4x4.

· 53 · 16011

freelandy1

Re: Helping out with your 4x4.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »
Would the lothian group be preppared to spread its wings to cover lanarkshire and glasgow?

James
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

Alarmgard

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
Hi James,

The Lothian Group cover East Lothian, Midlothian, West Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire Council areas. There is a group called "Strathclyde 4x4 Response" previously "Cotag Ayrshire" however I believe that they are not yet up and running.

At this time it is unlikely we will be expanding into other area's as you cant cover everywhere as this only dilutes your resources. The National 4x4 Response Charity has the ethos that if help is needed by another group or area then subject to resources being available then we would all help out. To that end we encourage people to join a group even if there is not one local to them, as this then allows to them to benefit from the training and insurance available. Also once a local group gets going they can transfer over, with the benefit of having trained/worked with an existing group.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

freelandy1

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 08:39:21 PM »
I'm sure the strathclyde group either never got off the ground or went under ground, sure a seen a few comments on google, shame noone has had a real go if google is correct

James
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

Alarmgard

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »
Our recent training night was well attended, pictures on the facebook site. Theres still places available on the Amateur Radio Foundation Course, full details are available on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=416959610067&ref=ts

If you want to do the course please let us know soon to avoid having to wait till the next one.
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 08:43:25 PM »
Lothian 4x4 Response ran their first Foundation License Radio Course today and I am pleased to say all 7 attendees passed.

Were running another one on the 25Th July if anybody is interested, full details from hugh.steelelothian4x4response.org

Heres some of the happy attendees and some of the training team. Thanks to Hugh(behind the camera) for organising things.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:26:57 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

jonmcghee

• Name: jonathan mcghee
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »
Just a quick note to say the Highlands are in the proccess of setting up a response group, with clunky one of the chairmen's

http://www.highland4x4response.co.uk/

Email link is on there if anyone is intrested
300tdi disco 3 door

james

• www.discoveryownersclub.org
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 01:26:33 PM »
tried to a few times to get intouch with strathclyde 4x4 response with no look
belive it was rab bark but no response from numarus emails

as i am intrested in seting a glasgow west scotland one up as i was a member of 4x4 response northeast
james
slightly modified 200 tdi

Alarmgard

Press Release:
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
Press Release 20th October 2010:

Lothian 4x4 Response recently applied to the Scottish Charity Regulator for inclusion of the Scottish Charities Register.

I can now confirm that the Office of The Scottish Charity Regulator has informed us that the team have now met the requirements of the Regulator?s Charities Test and have now been entered onto the role of the Scottish Charities Register. 

This means that Lothian 4x4 Response is now a registered Scottish Charity from the 14th October 2010. Our new charities registration number is SC041830.The full entry can be viewed here: http://www.oscr.org.uk/CharityIndexDetails.aspx?id=SC041830

The Current Registered Trustees responsible for overseeing the conduct of the Charity are:

Colin Rodger, Hugh Steele, Jonathan Hutchinson, Gary Stockton and Martin Lawson.

Charity trustees are responsible for the governance and strategy of their charity.  They are responsible for making sure that their charity is administered effectively, and is able to account for its activities and outcomes both to us and to the public.

Lothian 4x4 Response are a group of like minded 4x4 vehicle enthusiasts that have recently come together with a common interest. That is, that we have all identified the need for providing transport and logistical support during times of need to Category 1/ Category 2 responders and other voluntary services.

With increased risks of localised and wide spread flooding, extreme weather and the possibility of remote locations and uneven terrain, emergency and voluntary services may find themselves without suitable resources to allow them to efficiently carry out their work.Lothian 4x4 Response aim to assist locally in filling this void.

Lothian 4X4 Response is a registered member of the National 4x4 Response Charity. There are currently 27 member groups around the UK. We are all volunteer groups that are involved in helping the country's emergency services and local community. Our members all act voluntarily and do not receive payment for providing this service.

Lothian 4x4 Response primarily covers the following council areas: West Lothian, Mid Lothian, East Lothian, Edinburgh City, Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire. We can if required and resources allow, help out in other council or 4x4 response group areas.

Anyone requiring further information regarding the team then please contact lothian4x4response@gmail.com

Colin Rodger
Chairperson
Lothian 4x4 Response
Mobile: 07767-726075

A Scottish Registered Charity No: SC041830
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

Helping out with your 4x4.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
We haven't been saying much about the team recently as we have been very busy both during the bad weather and after it. We completed  a large mileage providing assistance to various organisation's during the bad weather and certainly from the feedback from the organisations we were helping our assistance was greatly needed and appreciated.

The team covers the following area's East Lothian, West Lothian, Mid Lothian, City of Edinburgh, Falkirk, Stirling, Clackmannanshire and parts of Borders Council area. The team currently numbers over 30 and although this is a good number, we are looking to recruit more volunteers both those that drive 4x4's and those that do not, there are also roles for people helping to support the teams operations. We do have a training scheme to enhance your existing skills and to provide additional skills that will be beneficial to you when operating in adverse conditions.

One thing that many of the agencies we were helping has said although they really appreciate members of the public contacting them directly to assist, it is very difficult for them to accept this help due to insurance, disclosure and liabillity issues. Several of them are now passing enquiries for assistance to our organisation and between us we have agreed what is required in order to get volunteers able to help out at the earliest opportunity.

Our next team meeting is next Wednesday Evening the 2nd March in Livingston, if you would like to find out more about the team or would like to join then please email us at contact@l4x4r.org.uk

You can also get more information on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lothian-4x4-Response/113177975417660 or on our website www.lothian4x4response.org
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:29:15 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

piper5

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2011, 05:38:50 PM »
hi colin another bit of info that may be of use to your group , we were told by fifes emergency planner that the government has passed a directive to all insurance companies that if you are doing voluntary work or work in times of emergency then your standard insurance will cover you to use your vehicle, apparently this wording is to be added to all insurance documents,
i am awaiting a copy of the government letter through fife raynet

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 05:42:50 PM »
Thats interesting. Any chance of a copy when you get it mate?
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

coolcamper55

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
Well done to the Lothian Team, more power to you elbow.

Tommy

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011, 06:03:06 PM »
A question, I already have a full professional unrestricted HF/MF/VHF/satcom GMDSS licence issued by the RA, do I still have to retrain to operate a landside mobile station?
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

piper5

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011, 06:09:48 PM »
A question, I already have a full professional unrestricted HF/MF/VHF/satcom GMDSS licence issued by the RA, do I still have to retrain to operate a landside mobile station?

depends on what qualification you have , if you did the old rae exam maybe not, if you did a marine course then yes you will need to retrain  probably best dig out you qualification and phone ofcom
i am the opposite i have full ham licence but cannot use marine vhf and cannot get a course to suit in fife

coolcamper55

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »
Thats interesting. Any chance of a copy when you get it mate?

There is quite a bit of info on the National 4 x 4 Response site if you have a butchers at it.

Apparently it was enacted a few years ago but the insurance companies were a bit slow at adding the text to the standard policy document. Need to watch that it aslo covers the Scots law system but I am sure that Colin and his team will be going thro it with a magnifying glass.

Tommy