DISCO 300 TDI IMPORT

· 11 · 1703

tambo

DISCO 300 TDI IMPORT
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »
Hi lookin for some advice i have a disco 300 tdi import that i have been told is very clean with no rust and im thinking of selling her but dont know how much shes worth i have had a lot of work done on her .
New timing belt , Auto box fully serviced along with engine , New starter motor , Alternator drive belt , Earth leads all cleaned and an extra added , New injector pump , KnN performance air filter , 2 inch lift with pro comp shocks n blue springs , brake lines extended , Glow plugs changed , Bumper trimmed and steering guard fitted , diff guards , she is epsom green with grey electric leather seats and everything still works lol oh she has 94000 miles and the interior is spotless
i know shes only worth what someone is willing to pay but where do i start ?
Lifes Too Short Not To !!!

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
Re: DISCO 300 TDI IMPORT
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »
It might be helpful if you posted some photographs and told us what year it is. Also which market was it originally intended for as this will give some idea as to what might be standard on it that wasn't standard for the UK market- Japan?
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

tambo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
Sorry its a 98 on an R it was reimported from japan as far as i know the difference between mine and uk cars is a mass airflow metre , automatic injector pump and diesel management system with engine check as far as photos go il try n get some on tommorrow
thanx for the quick reply

geoff

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »
Hi,

I'd say about ?2000.

Might be way off but if i was looking for one (i am) thats what i'd be looking to pay.

cheers

Geoff

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »
I think that's a bit less than a really good one is worth. Mine is an import too and wouldn't sell for that. Sorry.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

geoff

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
Hi

Python, what's your valuation. I'm looking for one for conversion to veg oil

cheers

Geoff

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 08:14:10 PM »
I don't have but feel that's less than what I would sell one for. Mine is a v8 so I value that differently. There isn't that many imports on the Market or even rust free discos so the price is higher for them. 
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

Stoddy

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 09:06:29 PM »
Tim difficult to say how much yours would be worth.  When first imported disco's tend to be pricier but they depreciate like everything else and sometimes harder.  I would suggest that you do a search for other imports and see what they are going for.  Base your price on mileage, condition etc. 

Alan

DRH

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 10:16:52 PM »
I was looking about for a 300tdi Disco few weeks ago and did the usual tour of the auctions after having looked at e-bay and Gumtree.

What people are wanting and getting are two different things.

On my travels round the auctions I saw:
R Plate -92k sold for ?1600 plus indemnity
T Plate TD5 95k - tidy enough on top but rotten underneath sold for ?2650 plus indemnity
M Reg 300tdi ES full service history no mot exceptionally clean with 15 stamps in the book but rotten underneath - don't know what it sold for at auction, but appeared on e-bay last week for spares or repair with a starting price of ?850

I looked at an R Reg V8 lpg XS - tidy enough was on Gumtree near Forth Bridge for ?1750

I also looked at a well maintained 300tdi N Reg locally which was tidy enough and well cared for with years mot and some tax - very little to do to it - owner was wanting ?1750 (negotiable) but on e-bay I only saw it getting to ?1000

I also saw one of the last S Reg 300tdi's on Gumtree in nice Condition drop from ?2500 to ?2000 over the space of 3-4 weeks - the owner would have dropped to ?1900

Finally I managed to track down a T Plate TD5 in reasonable condition but with mega miles and short mot for well under 2k

So it really is a case of pitching it high and negotiating down if needs be.

I would say that as we are coming out of the winter and fuel prices are rising prices will start to drop again.  2 years ago prices were pretty similar (if not lower) than they are for the same motors today.  I sold my N Plate last Disco 2 years ago for ?1300 and thought I was doing well when others the same age were selling for ?700 - 800

Also while there are an abundance of Freelanders being advertised and going through auctions, there are very few Disco's going through the auction - they're appearing back on forecourts or being bought by traders who wouldn't normally touch them.

Hope this illustrates the different pictures I've seen recently.  For a good R Plate I don't Geoff is far out - if a tad high

Duncan

There were

hmmorton

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »
baised on present auction prices and private sales I would estimate between ?1500 and ?2000 for your import.

tambo

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »
thanx guys sorry for not being on forum but was down south working
ive seen imports going for 4500 and uk cars with nearly double the miles for as much as 3500
i dont think il sell it for less than 3500 as the two places all work was done (gemm and somewhere in stepps)have both said its very very clean and theres not many in the condition mines in
thanx again for help once i get pics itll be up for sale