WVO ADDICT

· 6 · 1902

s lees

WVO ADDICT
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:42:08 AM »
Item number: 160598950167 would this mean i could run 100% WVO with out twin tanking or mixing????
300tdi disco
WVO addict

geoff

Re: WVO ADDICT
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »
Hi

Don't think so, you'll still need to flush the veg oil from the fuel injection pump. If I didn't change to diesel at the end of the day, my 200Tdi took ages to start.

Geoff

s lees

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 04:40:04 PM »
cheers Geoff, some useful advice currently running on 50/50 and trying to decide if I am better twin tanking or getting some fancy pre-heater still with the ambient temperature what it is it filters a lot faster as 50/50 anyway.
300tdi disco
WVO addict

jbacon

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
I have been running my 300tdi Discovery over the last 2 years and covered 25k. The only way to go is a twin tank setup with heat exchanger so that you only run on 100% veg oil when the disco is warm. The key is to remember to switch back to diesel at the end of your journey. I have a second disco tank in the boot wired into the fuel guage so when you switch over your fuel guage flicks over also. This winter has not been that cold, but even last year the oil remained fluid and worked well.

The key to good oil is time. Leave to settle for three week in warm conditions (100w bulb works well!) and make sure that there is no water in the mix.

Hope this helps - happy motoring!

s lees

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 11:51:54 AM »
Thanks that seems good advice anyone know of any sill tanks for sale as I use my boot for work stuff and really don't want to lose any load capacity, though the diesel tank wouldn't need to be large  a couple of gallons would probably do. Roll on the warm weather and faster filtering my garage is Baltic and the filtering is slow still just about keeping up with demand so far and I've no heating at all.
300tdi disco
WVO addict

jbacon

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 09:17:20 PM »
Twin tank is really the only way to go. If you are concerned with boot space, install a 25litre diesel start up tank in the boot and use the main fuel tank for the veg.