Have you seen the price of replacement Defender seats!?

· 7 · 1575

agmech 53

• Name: Jim Wilson
Have you seen the price of replacement Defender seats!?
« on: June 18, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »
Just been having a poach about the 'net looking at various bits and bobs, came across this

http://www.exmoortrimshop.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=360&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=3, how can they justify that price for what is essentially a vinyl seat?!

I understand it will no doubt be of good quality but £667.34 for ONE seat? And that's the cheapest one of that kind, they go up to £896.92 for the outlast fabric style one. Suffice to say I don't think i'll be ordering anything from them anytime soon, unless of course I win the lottery!

cooltshirt

• savethegaywhale.com
Re: Have you seen the price of replacement Defender seats!?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 09:11:59 PM »
If you select a seat from the jump menu on the next page it says

Modular Seat - Black Vinyl. Includes runners. Sold in pairs. Priced per pair.

nevertheless you are right ............. you could fix alot of oil leaks for that.

;)

1983 110 V8. RIP

agmech 53

• Name: Jim Wilson
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
Haha my bad, yeah still blinking expensive for a pair of seats!

tio

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 11:31:08 PM »
do what everyone else does get your leather seats from a scrappy for a fraction of the price, then put a door on the side of your seat box,,, their just ripping the hole out of it because they think you must buy a seat with a removable base eeerrrr no!  as mentioned before thats a lot of bits for your landie, there seems to be a lot of this on the go,,  but they'll go the same way as scorpian racing as no one will buy there overpriced stuff,,,

R110KSS

• Name: Mark Reid
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »
I seen a set of used XS 3rd row go on ebay for £510.12???  :o and they looked tatty! Lol
Find me on Facebook

piper5

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 06:31:37 PM »
i bought a new pair of boy racer type bucket seats from ebay £170 new they came on sliding subframe, and they recline as well, have a look theres lots

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 10:08:41 PM »
Grey leather seats from a Volvo V70, exact matching shade to the rest of my trim, heated and all-sorts if I'd wired them up. £25 from a fellow Forum member. Big  ;D
Passenger side secured with butterfly nuts so no great drama if I want to get to the battery.
G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....