Alex Scott

· 6 · 2320

Admin

Alex Scott
« on: January 13, 2015, 10:04:16 AM »
It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that Alex Scott passed away after suddenly taking ill at the recent CCV Trial event at Manor Powis.
Alex has been a stalwart member of this club for more years than most can remember and together with his Series I “Boghopper”, he was part of the fabric of this Club.
He will be sadly missed by all at the Scottish Land Rover Owners Club and our thoughts and condolences are with his family at this very sad time.

Douglas  Thomson
SLROC Chairman

Admin

Re: Alex Scott
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:57:12 AM »
Alex's funeral will be held at 11.30am at Kilmadock Cemetry, Doune on Thursday 22nd January and thereafter to The Woodside Hotel, Stirling Road, Doune, FK16 6AB for a good old bun ficht as Alex would say.

Everyone is welcome, please come as you are, no need for formal clothing, boiler suits and wellies welcomed! As are as many Landrovers as possible. 
The family have asked that anyone who would like to, please feel free to make speeches, tell stories or recite some of Alex's bad jokes when we are all at the Woodside Hotel.
Family flowers only please, but if you wish donations to International Rescue may be made on the day.

The Family would like the day to be filled with good memories and laughter just as Alex would have wanted.

geoff

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 06:34:23 AM »
Very sad news.
My condolences to the Scott family.

Cheers

Geoff

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:56:04 PM »
For anyone looking for directions to Alex Scott's funeral - print & share:

http://tinyurl.com/boghopper

Wreckless Eric

• Name: Eric Scott
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 07:46:22 PM »
With the sudden and sad loss of Alex,the family would like to thank the club for their help and support during this time.
Also to everyone who sent condolences and paid their last respects.
We are happy knowing that he was amongst friends and doing what he enjoyed at that time.

Eric.

Zippy1966

• Hello One & All :)
  • Name: Rob Sweeney
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 06:44:33 PM »
Sadly I didn't know The Man Personally !! but i'd heard some Lovely things about him & had been told some Nice Fun Happy Memories/Stories & I had seen the pictures on facebook of nearly all the Land Rover's & other 4x4's that attended :) a Very Well Deserved send off !! & i'd liked the come as You knew him attendance thing !!  :)  .....
I am completely Land Rover Mad !! or as some would say !! just plain Mad !!

Owner of A 1996 Discovery 300Tdi Auto XS & A 2001 Freelander E.S Hardback 1.8 K Series

imlandrovermad2013@hotmail.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/rob.sweeney.92