Hilux Parts Question.

· 3 · 973

Mikey

Hilux Parts Question.
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:45:55 PM »
Hello,

Not sure if this should be in the For Sale/Wanted forum, but, I'm after one of the plastic inserts that go into the rectangular steel 'sub-bumper' on a Toyota Hilux. Photo shows the remaing N/S one.
These inserts fall out fairly easily, and seem to only be available Genuine fron Toyota at £50 EACH! Yes, £50......... EACH!!
It's a 15 plate 'Invincible' (apart from the crap plastic bits which are fairly un-invincible) but these caps were also fitted to older models with the tow-bar 'sub-bumper' thing.

I've tried a couple of independant suppliers of parts but no luck aside from genuine bits, but if I can find a replacement for maybe a tenner that'd do.
Had a look in a couple of scrappies but the Hiluxes I've seen have them missing already...

Incidentally, I have this Hilux as an insurance courtesy car, after a 17 year old lad in his mums Focus didn't see me coming at a junction in Monifieth. His Mum doesn't have a car any more. My One Ten is currently undergoing N/S wing replacement surgery.....

Cheers,

MIke.

Mikey.
1985 110 CSW, 300Tdi fitted.
1993 Classic LSE, V8 LPG.

diesel jock

Re: Hilux Parts Question.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 08:36:06 AM »
Try ebay search box section caps i got a bag of 10 for £3 they were for 40mm box but they come in various sizes

OldJocksRustbucket

Re: Hilux Parts Question.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 10:50:55 AM »
try this on flea bay if its not the right size I'm sure they will have one to fit its very expensive @ £1.11

eBay item number:

Jock