Britpart Bearmach or Terrafirma supension kit standard height

· 6 · 3021

rodspink

Britpart Bearmach or Terrafirma supension kit standard height
« on: September 17, 2010, 03:57:31 PM »
Hi folks wanting a upgrade for my 90. These kits come in the same price range does any one have any recommendations or experiance of the kits.

Cheers

Rod

mudpuddle

Re: Britpart Bearmach or Terrafirma supension kit standard height
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »
I have found Terrafirma equitment to be excellently made, good quality with a excellent finish to withstand rust. Britpart I've found problems with parts fitting and spring kits deing too hard or unlevel. Personaly I'd be looking at terrafirma stuff.
Though the old scorpion racing springs are excellent if they have the same quality of stuff now they have been rebranded.
Just my opion. ::)

mac

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 08:48:12 PM »
Britpart Gaz kits - I've heard some good reports but no personal experience although I have fitted standard Britpart cheese suspension to other cars. . .  a full kit is the same price as one OME shocker. . .  poor quality shocks and soft springs but the Gaz kit should be better (that's not saying much :D ).

Terrafirma are rubbish.  I bought a kit when they first came out just to try them out and I was suspicious about the quality due to them being relatively cheap.  They were returned to Allmakes within 2 months via my local supplier.  2 shockers were knackered, 2 were tired, the springs had sagged.  Poor quality welds were showing signs of corrosion.  The shocks also had no internal damping so every time they topped out you got a boot up the ar$e.  They did a 3 day trip in Wales and just general road/farm/towing use (not abused).  Allmakes refused to give me a refund.

Unless you want to lift it I would fit Genuine parts springs and some decent shocks (Delphi DeCarbon/Monroe etc).

Personally I only fit OME now, although my trials 80" has Rough Country shocks which have put up with quite a bit of abuse for 2/3 years and David @ Llama4x4 gives excellent service so that might be worth a look?

mudpuddle

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 12:05:59 AM »
Great advise. Was thinking about Terrafirma shocks but knowing this know me thinks not. Double-de-carbon will be the way forward. Gutting as I think thier shock mounts and dislocation cones work so well and were good quality :o

jay2578

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 09:14:52 AM »
Avoid britpart, they`ll sag after a month

rodspink

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 06:35:02 PM »
Thanks for the advice folks