GALVANISED CHASSIS SWAP WANTED

· 11 · 4002

kerbsidebob

GALVANISED CHASSIS SWAP WANTED
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:22:30 PM »
HI, I AM LOOKING FOR A PRICE ON A SUPPLY AND FITTING, GALVY CHASSIS, FOR A 300 TDI 90,  DOES ANYBODY RECOMEND, KNOW OF PEOPLE WORTH TRYING, I WILL BE TALKING TO TAY SIDE LANDROVERS ,BUT AM OPEN TO SUGESTIONS,CHEERS, BOB.
INSIDE EVERY OLD PERSON IS A YOUNGER PERSON, WONDERING WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: GALVANISED CHASSIS SWAP WANTED
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
Strathearn did a good job on mine.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

kerbsidebob

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:11:36 PM »
THANKS, WILL CHECK THEM OUT, CHEERS, BOB.

Scott110

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 04:15:22 PM »
Have you thought of tracking down a good solid standard chassis and getting it galvinised yourself? Im sending myne of to Wedge in glasgow next tuesday and although not the cheapest  all in price of ?250. thats to shotblast it clean, then galvinise it. Im doing the rebuild myself but guess its if you have the time and tools etc. Good luck anyways just thought id let you know of another option. Cheers
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

aqms987

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »
Hi there
 Danger of using a second hand chassis is one of lost ID. If a new chassis is used then the vehicle retains it's original reg no etc, if ,however a second hand chassis is used then you will get the delights of a "Q" plate which gives all sorts of difficulties. I would strongly urge that you make the effort to buy new.

Regards
 Allan

mac

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »
There is a guy in Teesdale (England!) who does fixed 'menu' pricing for Galvy chassis swaps.  It's all he does so is setup perfectly for doing it.  Includes new bushes, shockers, lines etc.  Fixed price means no surprises and if he says 3 days it is ready.  I have no link to him but I have seen his work and was impressed.

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »
Hi
Have to agree with Gene as Strathearn do a great job and if I remember they do a fixed price aswell, they have been in many of the LR mags and one article was about a guy who took his 109 down to them and had it back inside their quoted time.
I pass them regularly and see rebuilds all the time, so must be doing something correctly.
Also all the team are very very in the know and are very help full, if I had to pay for the advice I have had from them then i would be more broke than I am  ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:36:00 PM by Radarears »
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

kerbsidebob

Re: GALVANISED CHASSIS SWAP
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 11:08:42 PM »
hi, got my galvanized chassis done by mathew at tayside landrover, excellent job, everything that was discused at the start was delivered, a no nonsence deal, excellent price, i certanly couldnt justify going to strathearn to have the job done, at their prices, when a few mile up the road you can have a genuine chassis fitted for considerably less money,you dont have to be vorderman to do the sums, so my advice to anyone considering having this job done would be do your homework first, cheeers,bob.

Felix

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 01:28:32 PM »
Tayside Landrover. Mathew could not be more helpfull. I would recommend him. Havn't had a chassis swap done at Strathearn but Dave very helpfull there too.

F.

lexi

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »

It is one thing to shot blast the outside of a chassis. What about the inside? There will be rust in there and some that the acid bath cannot remove.......just a thought. Are guys doing an endoscopy on their chassis?  ;D

Gary

Re: GALVANISED CHASSIS SWAP
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
hi, got my galvanized chassis done by mathew at tayside landrover, excellent job, everything that was discused at the start was delivered, a no nonsence deal, excellent price, i certanly couldnt justify going to strathearn to have the job done, at their prices, when a few mile up the road you can have a genuine chassis fitted for considerably less money,you dont have to be vorderman to do the sums, so my advice to anyone considering having this job done would be do your homework first, cheeers,bob.

Do Landrover make galvanised chassis?
MM6GRG
TD5 Discovery