MT Tyre Suppliers Fife Dundee Perth ?

· 5 · 876

lreay

MT Tyre Suppliers Fife Dundee Perth ?
« on: April 08, 2012, 05:04:37 PM »
Does anyone know of a garage that supplies and fits MT Tyres (for a good price) in the Fife, Dundee, Perth area doesn't look like Kwikfit etc do this kind of tyre, or is it just a case of having to buy online and then get a garage to fit?. I'm looking for some replacements for my Grizzly Claws so Special Tracks, Diamonds or similar in 235/85/16.

Cheers
Luke

Piwi

Re: MT Tyre Suppliers Fife Dundee Perth ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
Strathearn Tyres in Crieff  sell a lot of 4x4 specific tyres and can get in pretty much what you want . Pretty competitive prices.
300 tdi , 3 door discovery
200 tdi 110 utility
300 tdi 90
200 tdi 110 csw
Td5 Discovery
Currently 97 Japanese import 300 tdi Discovery.

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 07:25:40 PM »
I've just bought some Pirelli Scorpion MTs from Craddocks and will get my local garage to fit. Got messed about royally trying to find the "new" BFG MT in 235/85/16. It appears that, despite various suppliers advertising them they have actually been out of stock since last Nov and no date for any resupply from BFG - were they made in Thailand or summat ?

...anyway, The Pirellis are similar to the original MT pattern, are not remoulds and were £90 plus VAT or thereabouts....
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

piper5

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »
ladybank tyres in the main st , ladybank fife

lreay

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »
Thanks Everyone,

I ended up going to Ladybank Tyres as they are only 15 mins from me (I'd never noticed them before), they had both Kumho K71s and BFGoodrich MTs on the shelves and were able to get Insa Turbos within a few days. There pricing was comparabale with online suppliers so I ended up with some K71s, so I'll see how they perform.

Cheers
Luke