New to Landy scene

· 3 · 889

R110KSS

• Name: Mark Reid
New to Landy scene
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »
 :D Hi,

New to the Landy scene we took delivery of a new Defender Utility Wagon 2.2ltr a few weeks ago so far it been back to the garage twice for a Fog light that keeps turning on by it's self and no heating due to a engine bay cap missing from production which has now caused a leaking pipe due to engine temp to go to max. Now thats what you call British craftsmanship! lol

We looked at VW Caravelle 4motion or Merc Vito as with 3 kids these ticked all the family boxes but in the end went for a Defender as it's further up the cool wall plus we don't look like Gypos in the Landy! lol

I used to be in to the Austin Mini's and got involved in club stuff track days Italian Job Charty run round europe etc but with 3 kids that particular avenue of pleasure has been closed off as they only have 4 seats.

We will probably do green lane runs and family camping trips in the Defender which is our every day family car and our new Griswald Family Truckster!  :D 

Find me on Facebook

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: New to Landy scene
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:41:49 PM »
Welcome aboard - you've just missed a good days green-laning in the Trossachs - have a look at the gallery photos.

....and your 110 is not alone. My wifes new Nissan Navara just spent a week in the dealers while they tried to locate the oild leak that had emptied the engine - split gasket on the timing chain cover. 3200 miles on the clock.. follows on a from a fuel guage that would randomly flick from empty to full and back, then slowly climb back to full, while the "available range" increased the further you drove.... Japanese workmanship at its best as well !
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

R110KSS

• Name: Mark Reid
Re: New to Landy scene
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
This is my 2nd 4x4 the first was a Pickup a Isuzu Rodeo Denver 3.0TD I ran that for 5 years no real problems other than the front callipers used to stick and the ABS sensors would fail in winter but fix them self's  in spring?

I knew buying a Landy would not be plane sailing but hay ho its more fun per mile!

This new Defender they are planning will have none of the character of the old one. Just like the BMW Mini is nothing like the original.

I bet they keep producing the old Defender in commercial form only for a few more years yet.     
Find me on Facebook