You missed a great day !

· 7 · 1660

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
You missed a great day !
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:25:19 PM »
I'd usually stick this in the "past events" section - but I wanted to both say thanks to Alan Agnew and Ian Stuart for setting out a great days driving and also to get the news in front of as many folk as possible. Driving down past Ayr might be a bit of a hike - but 25 miles of track and conditions from "car-able" to axle deep mud, snow and bomb-hole craters plus extra "excursions" to great view-points or some great opportunities to test your abilities on the lumps and bumps in some old quarries etc - and all for ?10 !

Everyone was able to set off as they wished, small groups or individual vehicles so no nose to tail convoys - superb day.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:47:16 PM by genem »
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Dave T

Re: You missed a great day !
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:13:05 AM »
Yup good day, shame about the puncture, just had to be a little more careful after that.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
I can't take all the credit, Ian Stuart was responsible for setting up the first half!
Glad to hear that that it was enjoyed so much by those taking part

Alan

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »
... and major kudos to Gene, who spent over two hours pulling all the arrows back in after the last car had signed out. I think we left about 6pm...

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
Sorry we missed this event. G.G threw another gearbox tantrum  >:( so ended up taking the van logging!! Although i did pass comment as we drove about a mile into the forest, and came back with a ton of wood, that we couldve taken her!!  :D
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 09:14:01 PM »
Sorry I missed it after doing it last year. Both my motors need work done on them. Looks like a great day out again. Well done to the organisors.

Alanhid

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »
Yes, great day, I arrived about 12 so missed all you guys. Left the site about 3 15 and only saw two other vehicles during my time there....so that gives youan idea of the scale of the place...........best tenner Ive spent,in fact there were six of us in my 90 so it was only about ?1.75 each!!!