What a journey

· 3 · 984

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
What a journey
« on: February 04, 2012, 08:54:43 PM »
Hi Guys,

Well I said I was looking forward to giving the RRC a good run today but it was better than I could of imagined.
200 mile round trip from Ballantrae to Moffat, used almost three quarters of a tank of petrol but it ran as smooth as silk and such a lovely vehicle to drive,

My journey included twisty country roads, Motorway and forest roads which were covered in 6 inches of snow which required me to use the low ratio box, at least I know the 4x4 system works perfectly.

This trip today justified me buying the RRC as I had told my good lady that if we had a 4 x 4 and we ever visited her folks ( who stay miles from anywhere in the middle of a forest ) and it snowed !!  then we wouldnt get stuck .... I love it when a plan comes together, my daughters car could not make it up the road so we al piled into the RRC and ploughed through the snow.

I was feeling quite smug on the way home until my wife asked " exactly how much as this journey cost on fuel "  I just turned the radio up from then on...

donald.

dave

Re: What a journey
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:04:21 AM »
Where did you buy that Classic from? Looks like a really clean, tidy car!! Glad you are happy with it and glad it snowed to justify buying it!!

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
Re: What a journey
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
Thanks Dave,

I bought the rangerover through Strathearn engineering in Aberuthven near Auchterarder , they were selling on behalf of a customer.  I saw it in their yard just before Christmas and had a good look round it , it had obviously been well looked after and had been sold by them previously so they knew the vehicle well.

The deal was done with the garage and not the owner and I can honestly say that both Jonathan and Dave from the garage were a pleasure to deal with, for anyone looking for a GOOD landrover they should pay them a visit , they are a very professional outfit and their vehicles are only sold if in top class order, they also carry out all sorts of repairs, visit their site on the Internet.

I am very happy with my purchase and I have done about 400 miles and so far so good, I just hope that continues but the rangerover has only covered 88k miles so it has not had a hard life,

Cheers
Donald