Just had my insurance renewal through

· 25 · 3546

Rural rebel

Re: Just had my insurance renewal through
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 06:54:40 AM »
I find it hard to understand the insurance company's risk assesment process, we've been looking around for various quotes for a Disco 2 Td5 and a VW Polo 1.4 CL, I've been quoted around the ?600-800 mark for the Disco, and ?150 for the Polo.                                                   

So what we've worked out is that it's cheaper for the Mrs to insure the Disco with me as a named driver and me to insure the Polo with her as a named driver. So we're paying ?350 fully comp on the Disco and ?152 fully comp on the wee Polo.

But what I don't understand is the variation on price quotes, I was on 2 price comparison sites and there was a ?30 difference between quotes for the Polo from the SAME company! And on another site I put in 3rd party fire + theft just to see what difference it would make, it turned out to be MORE expensive!!!!

A cynical man might think that the insurance companies are just plucking random figures out of thin air, and a really cynical man might think that as insurance is becoming so expensive, a lot of poor sods are being fleeced buying 3rd party f+t thinking that it's actually cheaper than fully comp......just a though.....

Dave T

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
Just seen an interesting headline on the BBC website

"Rising car premiums boost Admiral"

Find that hard to believe!   :o
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Dave T

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
Couldn't get hold of Nor County, tried Heritage, wouldn't touch the Defender but put through several other places to Adrian Flux, their quote ?345 fully comp with all mods covered with greenlaning and off roading and 5000 miles.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

mel

• Name: Patrick McInally
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »
Hi Have you tried Peter Best insurance services ltd, 01621 840400, I have been with them for 4yrs fully comp with declared adons,never had problem with them,5,000 limited miles ?143 this year. year of vehicle and your-self make the diferance.good luck hope you get sortted.

Rural rebel

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »
Yeah I'd recommend Peter Best, I had the Series 3 and 90 insured through them, they were never beaten on price in my case, so yeah, I'd look at them too If I were you.

mel

• Name: Patrick McInally
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 09:01:59 PM »
Hi again-mention your a member of the slroc it makes a differance, cheers paddy.

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:42:28 PM »
Dont be loyal to any, they give you a low first year and hope you just let it run after that.
I do the same with the RAC. the first year it was ?57 then it went upto ?115 so I phoned and told them I will go over to the AA and, yip, back down to ?57. I have to do this every year. 
She said at my age I need something else to play with

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 05:04:07 PM »
Dont be loyal to any, they give you a low first year and hope you just let it run after that.
I do the same with the RAC. the first year it was ?57 then it went upto ?115 so I phoned and told them I will go over to the AA and, yip, back down to ?57. I have to do this every year. 

Similar game for broadband, LPG etc. Rang AOL to check my bill and ended up with 12 months at just over 1/2 what we were paying before ! Not quite as good result on the LPG but telling them I'd dump their Blankety Blank Tank at the road end if they continued with their nonsense seemed to work :-) 
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Dave T

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 07:29:51 AM »
I think they just try and wear you down, I've lost count of the hours on the phone over the past week or so as I've had 3 cars due all at the same time so trying to find a deal.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 09:23:35 AM »
We've been with Admrial several times due to thhe price, but custoer service we founded ... well lets just say poor.
Ended up with Adrian Flux, ok slightly more but not much =, but it included the 2 of us for offroad and competion.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy