SCOTTISH LAND ROVER SHOW???????????????

· 25 · 6584

geoffg

Re: SCOTTISH LAND ROVER SHOW???????????????
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »
Further to Ian's third point, I think a 4x4 show would probably attract more support than a strictly Land Rover show. Nice to have a close look at the opposition too!
Geoff  :)

ranger12

• lcsengineering.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 01:44:02 PM »
yeah we are still putting together lots of the logistics and getting there slowly as bloody stowed under with rebuilds at present, but will keep informed of progress
lcsengineering.co.uk
bobtail range rover
90 2.5td
series 11

wee gaz

• Disco,s here Disco,s there
  • Name: Garry Dalziel
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 03:35:11 AM »
All the best with the show idea mate i think it would be a cracking idea with lots of intrest. 8)

s lees

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »
Sounds a fantastic idea, further south would attract more of our southern cousins but I suppose you are trying to cater for the guys up here, it will take lots of organizing I know from my involvement with the festival scene what it takes to put on an event I would suggest finding a venue that has some of the infrastructure already in place you'd be surprized how much it takes to comply with all the regs i.e. toilets, emergency access, etc. atleast you wouldn't need to worry about getting the punters towed out of the mud. I have some contacts who could possibly help with litter recycling and believe me there is a lot of it to pick up after an event well unless landi owners a lot tidier than standard festi types. Good luck and great idea I say go for it.
300tdi disco
WVO addict

coolcamper55

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
Good idea to set one up in Scotland, the cost of fuel prevents me contemplating Billing etc. Somewhere in the central belt would be a good idea as it evens out the cost of travel for the majority.
You might also want to think of the 4x4 Response groups there are 8 in Scotland and they will always look to attend and spread the word at these shows

Tommy

rangerovering

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 01:47:52 PM »
What about Balado? Not far from Glentarkie if off roading was needed and there is the perthshire off road site up behind milnathort.

I suppose Ingliston would be ideal but the cost for the first few years would be extrotionate...
Steve

Floyd

• Name: Graham Dallas
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
Sounds like a great idea - I'm up for it
Graham

---------
'95 Defender 110 300 Tdi

cozzie

• Scottish Traction Engine Society
  • Name: Colin Lowson
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »

What about Balado? Not far from Glentarkie if off roading was needed and there is the perthshire off road site up behind milnathort.

I suppose Ingliston would be ideal but the cost for the first few years would be extrotionate...

As a member of a club that held another event at Balado, I maybe able to save you a bit of time as they are having terrible problems with their licence to hold events and the HSE. As we could not get clear answers about what we were and were not permitted to do. We have moved to another location in Perthshire
ex-RM Navy Defender 110 300Tdi Hard Top

rangerovering

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »

As a member of a club that held another event at Balado, I maybe able to save you a bit of time as they are having terrible problems with their licence to hold events and the HSE. As we could not get clear answers about what we were and were not permitted to do. We have moved to another location in Perthshire

Ah fair dos not a problem, was just suggesting ideas as I didn't spot where it was planned for. When do we get details?
Steve

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 05:43:46 PM »
a good place which we have used to good effect before is the bus museum at lathalmond between kelty and dunfermline, plenty of space,all the facilities,camping site also,just off the m90,all they ask for is a donation to the museum,we have used it in the past for our s2c scottish gathering,and the scottish all rover rally have also used it,cheer-dan

SECONDED
I go to the Classic car Show every year and its very well run and easy to get to just off J4 of the M90
She said at my age I need something else to play with