SCOTTISH LAND ROVER SHOW???????????????

· 25 · 6627

ranger12

• lcsengineering.co.uk
SCOTTISH LAND ROVER SHOW???????????????
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:06:47 AM »
Hello yeah you read the title right.  I have decided to see about putting on a show up here as think its about time!!  I have already been contacting big companies and initial response is positive with a good many already saying they would attend.  We are thinking of somewhere around the Loch Lomond Area but not sure.  The show would be in either April or June of next year as trying to sort for this year would just take to long.  Check us out on Facebook lcs-engineeringscotland or the website for updates feel free to email me direct lenny@lcsengineering.co.uk but i will be checking the forum to reply.  Well i'm sure there will be alot of talk so lets see if we can make this happen.

Regards Lenny ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:44:11 PM by ranger12 »
lcsengineering.co.uk
bobtail range rover
90 2.5td
series 11

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Re: SCOTTISH LAND ROVER SHOW???????????????
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:20 AM »
Really interesting.

A couple of questions:
1) Have you considered working with the Scottish Motorsports Show at knockhill (http://www.knockhill.com/events/scottish_motorshow.php) or the Perth Motorsports Show (http://www.perthmotorsportshow.co.uk/ && http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/carshoweventsinformation/carshow_date.asp?id=637)?

2) Are you considering this as your own (commercial?) adventure, or under the auspices of SLROC?

3) Are you going to stick to Land Rovers exclusively, or are you going to broaden to Land Rovers & Land Rover derived vehicles (tomcats & wildcats, various military vehicles, overland vehicles, etc)?

georgew

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »
Hello & welcome to the forum,

I am sure your plans for a Land Rover show will go down very well,
& wish you all the best with it, & certainly hope it can happen.

If you dont mind my thoughts on the possible location of the Loch Lomond area.

I can see where this would be a place that could give lots of interest
& a draw for exibitors & everyone wanting to come to Scotland & Land Rover Enthusiast world wide.
Possibly the area will cause you more problems than advatages tho.

Its allready an extermly popular area, with already high traffic & tourist attractions.
July as the Scottish golf open in the area for example.

You have possibly already identified a site & recieved support from the authorities,
which will be of the greatest importance.

My suggestion would be to possibly look towards Falkirk, & the area of the Falkirk Wheel.
or the Stirling/Trossachs area. Blair Drummond possibly.

The reason being it could be more central for all points Scotland, East,West, North South.
More suitable infrastrucure & suitable locations for a show on a large scale,
which i think your show can well be.

all the best with everything.
george

EDIT PS, sorry i had no idea you were in the Helensburgh area,
 Its just when i read the spelling for Loch Lomond on the OP,
my initial thought was 'someone that had never been to the area'.
www.lcsengineering.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:24:30 AM by georgew »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

geoffg

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:42:31 AM »
Live Promotions promised a show this year at Knockhill, due to the one promulgated for 2010 being cancelled. They are the company who run the show at Billing, so are pretty good at it. Time to contact them again, I think. Will keep you posted of any replies I get from them.
Geoff :)

dantheman

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
a good place which we have used to good effect before is the bus museum at lathalmond between kelty and dunfermline, plenty of space,all the facilities,camping site also,just off the m90,all they ask for is a donation to the museum,we have used it in the past for our s2c scottish gathering,and the scottish all rover rally have also used it,cheer-dan
land rover daft!!!or just plain daft!!!!!

Scott110

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:47:57 PM »
Id love a nice landrover themed show up here maybe i just miss them all but nothing seems to go north of the border. Ideally it has to be situated close to the motorways casue if most us gona drive our half dead old bangers we want atleast a good road network for the usuall suspects to come rescue us.
Suppose its hard up here the guys way north is a tuff journey anywhere south for them and vice versa. Would it be possible for some local collectors to offload their spares maybe a stall in a corner that would draw alot were always after spares. Hope you get the support you need to make it happen i will deffiantly buy tickets looking forward to it already.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

ranger12

• lcsengineering.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »
Hey guys yeah all these Ideas are good although anywhere further north than the Glasgow area and the companies have already said to far for most of them if anything it would be closer to the borders.  This is a separate entity from SLROC and is on all the forums not just this one and will be run by LCS as main organiser.  Yeah we have spoke to live promotions already and we have spoke to the people who run Billing so we are ahead of the game on that front.  Keep ideas coming they are all welcomed.

lcsengineering.co.uk
bobtail range rover
90 2.5td
series 11

geoffg

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
I've just received an email from Abbie Foster at Live Promotions in reply to the email I sent to her:

"Hi Geoff

Thanks for your email.

We do have plans to do something possibly later this year.

Regards
Abbie
"

So let's hope they come up with something

ranger12

• lcsengineering.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 06:03:19 PM »
I've just received an email from Abbie Foster at Live Promotions in reply to the email I sent to her:

"Hi Geoff

Thanks for your email.

We do have plans to do something possibly later this year.

Regards
Abbie
"

Cant be much of a show as none of the big names know about it???

well we'll see but i already been in contact with the big firms so will keep going.

I know that most companies have already got there calenders drawn up for events so trying to squeeze one in would be hard and most have said they wouldnt manage this year.  This is why we are thinking April next year.  We look forward to positive feedback either way

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:09:07 PM by ranger12 »
lcsengineering.co.uk
bobtail range rover
90 2.5td
series 11

rangerovering

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 07:04:53 PM »
What about some of the old airfields in the borders/dumfrieshire? They hold rally service areas at these bits every year.

Balado at Kinross where T in the Park is held has more than enough room, bit further north but easy access.
Steve

jwsspca

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »
Hi,what about somewhere like Thirlestane Castle in Lauder , well used to running shows and plenty room ??
Just a thought !

coolcamper55

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 09:40:44 PM »
Thirlestane is a cracking venue, it also has good facilities close by for Caravan and Camping and is a short distance from Edinburgh.

Been there with the equestrian brigade and it was well set up.

T
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 12:21:30 PM by coolcamper55 »

ranger12

• lcsengineering.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 11:23:26 PM »
Thirlestane is a cracking venue, it also has good facilities close by for Caravan and Camping and is a short distance from Edinburgh.

Been their with the equestrian brigade and it was well set up.

T

Hey
Yeah will look into all those ideas thank you will keep you informed of hows things go!!
lcsengineering.co.uk
bobtail range rover
90 2.5td
series 11

geoffg

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 07:43:08 AM »
The Scottish Off Road show used to be held at the agricultural college near Broxburn. That was a good show. Also the one at Fenwick, but that was a lot smaller.
We'll be going to Billing regardless of whether there's a show up here or not.

110landyman

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 11:44:40 AM »
sounds good , id definitely get myself along if  where to happen this year, ive allways wanted to go down south to one of the big shows apart from them being a bit to far away ive never been in the posistion to  beablie to  go , this year thou  i  hope to get out to alot of events , off-road and show,.  well done for trying to get something organised  ,ill keep an eye on the thread to see how  things go.

cheers

paul