GRR 13th June Aberfoyle

· 13 · 4936

freelandy1

GRR 13th June Aberfoyle
« on: June 13, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »
Just a quick blast to say thanks to land owner and Sandy for a great day, weather picked up just before kick off, tight turn around for cars at the end of the run. All and all a good day.

I have a few photos I will email to you Sandy.

Thanks

James
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:35:35 PM by freelandy1 »
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

pepsimax

Re: GRR 13th June Aberfoyle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
What a great run today, terrific views (after the rain had stopped). Thanks to Sandy and the land owner,
               Regards, Neil.
The only difference between men and boys, is of course the price of their toys !

cedric_r

• Yorkie
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:26:18 AM »
Always great fun to go down. The lunch location was a bit infested with midges, flies, and mosquitoes, but skin so soft to the rescue and no bites :) (I always have some for when I go to the West Coast to take photos in the summer)

Thanks to Sandy and the land owner. I put a few photos in the members area.
Cedric

Udo

• Name: Tom Hunter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 02:01:15 PM »
That was amazing! Thanks to everyone involved.

I've got a confession to make: I'd never used the low-ratio box before!!!

(I've only had my car for nine months)

I'm glad the top of the hill was in cloud before we began the descent, or I might have wimped out if I'd seen how far down we had to go.

Nick (aged 14) enjoyed getting to drive back from the junction at Comer to the main road. I let him have a shot behind the wheel because I guessed it couldn't be any scarier than plummeting down the hill towards Loch Lomond.

He took a few panorama shots which are AMAZING (but far too big to email). If I can find a suitable way of displaying them on that there internet, I'll post a link.

Cheers,

Tom

freelandy1

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
I've got a few of the down hill treck, I will send to Sandy, the drop was massive especially at the top section, good day. I went down in the freebie, first gear no issues, I did put the HDC on then back off as it wasn't required, back up in second and fourth no issues. Got a few pictures of discos disappearing into the clouds, will send to Sandy.
James
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

bairnr

• Name: David Russell
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »
Hi there,  just wanted to say thanks for yesterdays GRR.  David, Hannah and I had a great time - although as Tom said I think that if I seen the drop before going down I would have wimped out too!!    I wasn;t driving (left that to David) our freelander faired well too.

Hannah enjoyed paddling in the water and getting to drive her big car (While stationery I might add!)  Had to let her to settle her as midges were eating us alive outside!  Definately must remember midge repellant next time.

Will put our photos onto disc and send to Sandy.

Look forward to more runs.

Thanks.  Gillian
2000 discovery td5
1989 LR Defender 90

coolcamper55

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »

He took a few panorama shots which are AMAZING (but far too big to email). If I can find a suitable way of displaying them on that there internet, I'll post a link.

/quote]

Tom google for PIXresizer, it takes the JPEGS down to a reasonable size so you can post them or email them. You could also drop them onto Photobucket and then just post the link.

Tommy

Udo

• Name: Tom Hunter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 01:34:27 AM »
Just to agree with everybody else about Sundays run. Thanks Sandy for another great day out and to the land owners who allowed us on their land.
Good to see so many people there. 

Now the,  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ bit I need to contact the owner of the silver Disco 2 with lights on top and lights on front. We were talking about a gearbox problem and have a possible solution but do not know who to contact so can any body help please.
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

Bannister

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 06:42:20 PM »
Thanks for the panoramic shot of the lonely little landrover.  I'm the proud owner of that vehicle.  Barclay

freelandy1

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 06:44:19 PM »
What shot you talking about? Few good ones, I couldn't believe how low the clouds were of how high we were ha ha

James
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

Bannister

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
Hi James,
The panoramic photo on Tom's post of Gigapan picture . The series III in the bottom left corner is mine.

Barclay

bairnr

• Name: David Russell
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 09:20:50 PM »
Hiya - got ours photos on flickr - Sandy - will put them onto disc and send to you.

Ta

Gill & David

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51506281@N08/sets/72157624349738646/
2000 discovery td5
1989 LR Defender 90