Site prep for SCCC Round 2

· 3 · 2108

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Site prep for SCCC Round 2
« on: April 15, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »
The Drumclog site always needs preparation/repair for the Comp Safari's to run (our need for speed is usually at odds with the mud-pluggers desire for mud'n'ruts'n'steep drops).

With the 2013 event also being part of the Northern Off Road Club's championship, we want to put on a particularly good event... and that means doing some serious ground-works.

I already have a donation of 50Kg of grass-seed to repair the ground after the event, however we need to fettle crossings and things BEFORE so the event... and this requires a digger.
The landowner's machine is not available, so we need one.... ideally something around the 7 to 10-tonne size (I have an offer for a 1-tonne machine, but I'm really not sure about getting it to the locations, or its ability to do the quantity of work needed)

Does anyone have a machine they can lend us? (if there's no driver, I have contacts with experience, and some also have proper tickets too!)
Does anyone want to support the event to the tune of hiring a machine? (drumclog plant are just up the road, so transport would be cheap :chuckle: )

I'm looking at Sunday 12th for doing the work.
(if we get a big machine, I'd like to ask the land-owner if there's any work he wants doing, seeing as we have the machine at hand to do it form him...)

Pilot Custard

Re: Site prep for SCCC Round 2
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
Sunday deliveries are a no-go.... so it looks like its gonna cost about £500 to get an 8-tonne digger in for the weekend (do the work on the Friday, and hang onto it in case we need to fettle the route on the Saturday night: transport each way, three days hire, and fuel)

How much do you love your sport?

Pilot Custard

Re: Site prep for SCCC Round 2
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »
Wow.... just had a call from a marshal, who's offered his support!