Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011

· 24 · 8174

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
Re: Scottish Borders Hill Rally 19/20th November 2011
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 11:32:19 PM »
Hi. Sorry for the late reply. Just finished work. I'll need the friday night till the Monday. Thanks.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

Alarmgard

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 11:39:56 PM »
Ok Cheers Jon, will book you a bed. Diana is in charge of the booking and I will get her to confirm the details.

For those of you thinking about whether you should come or not, were certain its shaping up to be an epic. Will have the seeded entry list up later in the week and some impressive looking machinery coming out to play. Its not too late to volunteer!
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 12:00:47 AM »
if it helps i dont mind car sharing as ill be driving down anyway..  ;D
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

Alarmgard

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
All the planning is done for the event and now were getting vehicles/trailers packed with everything we need to run the event. The setup team arrives on wednesday in preparation for the main event at the weekend. Marshals numbers have improved anlthough I could still do with a few more in stage marshals for some points and also to help at starts/finishs If you can help drop me an email colin.rodger@virgin.net 07767726075

The countdown has begun..............................................

Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:43 PM »
Seeded entry list now on the Hill Rally Club Website www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk Final instructions and Competitor Bulletin No1 have also been sent out to each competitor.

Marshals information will be emailed out tomorrow evening. Not too late to get involved though as we could still do with more help. Stages have been checked and are in great order, competitors are fettling their motors ready for next weekend. Come help for one or both days you will be most welcome. Get in touch for details colin.rodger@virgin.net or 07767726075
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 12:12:14 PM »
Morning All,

I have just emailed out a load of event/safety information to everyone I believe is coming to help at the event. If you haven't received anything, its either because I don't know or simply because I got your email address wrong. Please email me if I have missed you out.

We still could do with 10/15 people especially for the Sunday, although any help both days would still be most welcome.

if you can help or have a query then email colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile 07767-726075

Thanks everyone for volunteering.Look forward to talking to you at the weekend.

Regards, Colin.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:15:23 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 11:18:36 PM »
Thanks to everyone who's volunteered to help, I have emailed everyone the details of the event and times etc but for those of you who are still not sure or haven't received the details I have copied them below as I will be off to the event.

The information below will assist you in your planning for this year?s event.

Event Format:
The event consists of two legs, over two days, comprising 16 stages and over 100 miles. There are three main stages that are set up, with a variety of on and off road sections/surfaces. The stages will be run either as individual ones, joined or modified to provide 8 stages each day.  Most of the marshals posts are accessible by a normal road car, where some of the off road sections commence, there will be tapes or other barriers that can be taken down to allow a road car or safety vehicle to make progress on the forest track ( please put anything back that you move to allow safe passage) If you are in doubt about any section please ask before traversing the stage/section, there will almost certainly be people who have already been over the ground several times and they will advise if your vehicle will be ok. Taking this into account where people have advised me what there vehicle is I have allocated an appropriate position.
First Car away on Saturday is at 11:01hrs and there will be a Marshals briefing at 09:00hrs, you are asked to be onsite and signed on before the briefing time. The last stage is due to start at 17:06hrs
Sunday we have an earlier start at 08:00hrs, there is no Marshals briefing on Sunday please report directly to you designated stage for 06:30hrs. If you were not at the event on Saturday please call in at Rally HQ to sign on and receive further instructions. The last stage is due to start at 13:20hrs.
The marshals briefing will be held at the estate workshop, please turn right as you enter the estate, past the estate office and the entrance to the workshop is on your right.
The Safety Briefing for Rescue/Recovery/ Doctor will be held at the estate workshop at 09:30hrs.
The estate workshop is located here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=256368&Y=586277&A=Y&Z=115

Accommodation:
Parking for vehicles and caravans that are staying over night will be in the yard next to the estate workshop. We are again trying to keep the area exclusively for your use, please follow the directions of the marshals and estate staff with regard to parking.

Camping:
There is an area next to Rally HQ that has been set aside for camping: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=255353&Y=586286&A=Y&Z=115

Stage Location?s:
As mentioned there will be some stage layout changes during the day, this may mean that some of may need to move locations to allow the changes. I would ask that you ensure that it is safe to do so to move and that you let radio control know that you are moving and when you are in position at your new location (please also make sure that any marshals without a radio know what is going on). Please do not remove or change any stage furniture with first checking that it is not needed later in the day or for the next day.
On some stages you may not be immediately needed, so you have the opportunity to view some of the competition, before having to take position for your next stage.

Vehicle Recovery:
There is NO LIVE RECOVERY on this event. The organisers have arranged for four MSA Licensed Heavy Recovery units to attend the event, these will be the only vehicles authorised to perform any recoveries on behalf of the organisers of the event. There will be NO designated SRV vehicles on this event.

Catering:
There will be a Burger van in the Service area that will be open from Friday mid day through till Sunday after the awards ceremony.
Parking:
Due to space limitations there will be no parking in the service area itself. Please observe the instruction of the service park marshals as to where you can park if visiting the Burger van. Parking at Rally HQ is very limited with the area being kept clear for mobile officials and competitors. We appreciate that parking on site is difficult and would ask you work with us to ensure that everyone can park safely and without damaging the verges etc.

Official Paperwork and Event Information:
We have tried very hard this year to keep paperwork to a minimum, with that in mind we have published as much information as possible in an electronic format. Paper Safety Plans will only be available for named officials and Rescue/Recovery and Doctors. The latest version of the event information can be downloaded from the following links:

Safety Plan:  The Safety Manual and map are now available at www.scottish-images.co.uk/borders
 You will need to enter the username XXXXX and the password XXXXX the plan is in two versions, one with maps, and one which is text only. Individual Stage maps can also be downloaded as required.

Flags:
The only flags in use at the event will be Red ones. If you have one please bring it with you. If your junction needs a flag please collect it from your stage start.

Telephone Coverage:
Please note that cellular telephone coverage is very poor at the venue and as most of the organising team will be on site from Wednesday, you may not get a answer. Please leave a message and we will get back to you asap.

Drinking Water:
There is no potable drinking water on site, please bring any drinking water that you require with you.
Finally I would like to thank you all for coming and helping at this years event and I hope you all have a great weekends Motorsport. If you have any questions please get in touch by email colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile 07767726075 or at the event in Rally HQ.
Regards,
Colin Rodger
Chief Marshal/Rally Manager     www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 11:18:42 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I got home last night and was certainly ready for switchingoff and having a good sleep, so apologies for not writing this sooner.

On behalf of myself and the rest of my colleagues on theScottish Borders Hill Rally organising team, I would like to pass on our sincere thanks to you all for coming and supporting this years event. Its fair to say that at the beginning of the year we weren?t sure where we would end up,given the downturn in the economy and the general fall in entries and marshals for motor sport events. However we were delighted that despite seeing a slight decrease in entries for this year that the competitors came, the marshals rallied and all supported the event.

In the end we had 42 entrants and all their service crews, wesigned on about 240 volunteer officials, numerous media teams and not forgetting all the spectators that came and supported the event.  As with any event of this size, there are many people who have provided supported from early in the year and those who provided assistance that couldn?t actually attend the event, to those who cameand worked behind the scenes, its no small task to put on an event of this nature and to name all of them would result in a very long list. To that end we thank everyone who helped the event.

We should also remember the set up teams who were active inthe week up to the event and also in the days following the event. Without there dedication and commitment to the setup/take down process the event would not have been ready. Thank you to all involved in setup/take down.

We are also conscious that without event sponsors that we would also be in a very difficult financial position and we acknowledge that without their support this years event may not have been possible. For 2011 we received support from both companies and individuals who all had a common goal in that they wish to help keep Hill Rallies alive, thank you all for this welcome support.

The pictures and videos have already started to trickle through onto the net and certainly we will post any links we find on the clubs/events face book pages for all to share. If you have any you want to share please post them on the face book pages or email the details to us for posting.

The organising team are intending to meet in the next few weeks to do a debrief and to see what went well and what needs to be improved.As with any debrief we need your feedback, so we would welcome yours, whether positive or negative, it will help us to make the next event even better.

Full event results can be viewed here: http://nersresults.co.uk/html/2011/sb_hillrally/index.html

On the subject of events the Scottish Hill Rally Club are fully committed to running Hill Rallies in Scotland, to that end we will shortly start work next years Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012. We have not forgotten about the Perthshire Hill Rally in the summer and we are actively looking at a format that fits in with the land available to us and with what we feel the competitors want to support. As with most things we can only do this with your support and feedback.

As I mention above we are already looking to 2012, and we would welcome early dialogue with anyone who is interested in coming on board as one of the sponsors of the 2012 Scottish Borders Hill Rally. We are conscious that the current climate is not likely to change for a while and wefully accept that sponsorship is essential to the running of any event.

If you can send any feedback to us, so that we can review it at our debrief meeting. colin.rodger@virgin.net

Thank you all for support and I look forward to seeing you at the Scottish Borders Hill Rally 2012.

Regards, Colin.

Colin Rodger

Mobile:07767-726075

Chief Marshal and Rally Manager.

www.scottish-hillrally.co.uk

Thiscommunication has been sent on behalf of
SHR Club Ltd
Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC307846)
Registered Office: 52 Fort St, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD52AB.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 11:23:36 AM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

Alarmgard

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 12:02:55 PM »
The Borders organising team are set to meet on the 15th December for a debrief of this years event. We would welcome any points that you feel were good about this years event and any that need improvement. I am collating a list of general points that the team will look at. Any points raised wont have names against them as we wish to have open discussion on them and its all about improving Scottish Hill Rallies, so if you want to help with then email your points to colin.rodger@virgin.net or phone me 07767726075 to get yours included. We want this to be a constructive process and we acknowledge that there?s always room for improvement, help us to help you.
Colin Rodger