September GRR

· 18 · 4360

Alandy

• Name: Alan Lahaise
Re: September GRR
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2016, 08:48:23 PM »
Hi Alan. Trying to sort calendar to come along on Saturday with another club member. Could you advise how "technical" or "damaging " this GRR event is....?  Cheers !  Alan.
Cheers,

Alan

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 11:46:48 PM »
Hi Alan, sorry, only just noticed your post. When we did this last year there were only 2 sightly more "challenging" lanes  - one had overhanging branches that we had to push through (will try to remember loppers this year) and the other was a deep ford with some rocks under the water. The first can be avoided by using a single track road that runs almost parallel to it, the second one needed a U-turn and a longer round trip to avoid the ford.
If it helps, I did the first one, but avoided the second. All the others are either forest track equivalent, or overgrown (grass / moss) potholed single track roads.
hope that helps, Alan

Alandy

• Name: Alan Lahaise
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 09:35:24 PM »
Hi Alan, thanks for the detailed reply. Sounds good! I'll hope to be there with another club member in their car on either Sat or Sunday. I'll bring some  loppers too as wouldn't like to risk Landy getting scratched by branches   :'(    Cheers Alan.
Cheers,

Alan