Green Road Run- 5th June, Balquhidder

· 9 · 2645

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
Green Road Run- 5th June, Balquhidder
« on: May 04, 2016, 11:16:00 PM »
For our next Green Road Run we will be returning to Inverlochlarig estate up by the Braes of Balquhidder by kind permission of the MacNaughton family.
Meeting at the car park of the  Mhor 84 Hotel (used to be Kings House) just off the A84 north of Callander, about halfway between Strathyre and Lochearnhead.
As with all GRRs, this can be driven by all types of Land Rovers (series 1 to RRS2, and everything in between) and no problems on road tyres - this is what your vehicle was built to do. Signing on from 10:00am to 11:00 ready for sharp departure. Please don't be late. Morning coffees available in the Mhor84 for early arrivals, with the bar open for refreshments, soup, sandwiches at the end of the day - hotel would appreciate a bit of trade from us in return for allowing us to use their carpark for sign-on.
Cost is a bargain £5 for this run - members only, although non-members can sign up on the day. Bring a picnic as we'll stop for lunch at the end of the track to hopefully enjoy the views, have a look round the other vehicles and a bit of chat. Families, friends and dogs welcome, although dogs must be kept under close control on a lead at all times so as not to worry livestock. Note that for insurance purposes, this run is open only to Land Rover manufactured vehicles.
Our hosts have an excellent farm shop, selling superb venison, lamb etc., and really appreciate purchases by club members when we stop off on the return journey so please bring along plenty cash - they don't get much passing trade up there. Hope to see another good turnout on the day - would be helpful if you can advise if planning to go, Alan

Sam

Re: Green Road Run- 5th June, Balquhidder
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 09:16:22 AM »
Hi Alan, please include me for one vehicle and two people. If you would like any help with set-up, please let me know. Regards.

yellodisco

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:01:42 PM »
Thanks for your offer of help Sam, but there's nothing needs to set up for this one.  Look forward to seeing you there, Alan

piper5

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »
i plan to come along on sunday, will bring membership form as well

yellodisco

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:16:49 PM »
who else is planning to go on Sunday? forecast looking not too bad, and the scenery up those glens is great!

Alandy

• Name: Alan Lahaise
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 08:00:13 PM »
Hi Alan,
I plan to be there with one copassenger. Looking. Forward to it, it was so much fun last year! 
Cheers. Alan.  :)
Cheers,

Alan

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 10:44:16 PM »
Shall be along at this with Dad in one of the Defenders. Looks like we'll have a cracking day for it 😊

rangerovering

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 11:28:13 AM »
I was at Strathyre camping for the weekend, passed you guys when I was heading back to Callander, bright orange D2. Hope to make it to a future run
Steve

Alandy

• Name: Alan Lahaise
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »
Was a lot of fun! Great weather and spectacular views. Thanks for arranging it Alan.
Cheers,

Alan