Wanted: SIII Oil Filter

· 8 · 1469

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
Wanted: SIII Oil Filter
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
The metal plate that sits below the oil filter cartridge has gone missing  >:( - maybe binned in a senior moment?! It's the shorter length type filter. Can anyone spare one, please? Nigel
Nigel

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Re: Wanted: SIII Oil Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 12:04:31 AM »
Hi nit sure if I have or have not as I just have a Diesel engine 5bearing which I stripped a while back as was totally knackered which if this is the part of one then I'm happy to assist you but would have to have a dig about and a pic exactly of what I'm hunting for would help I'm in west Lothian near west calder
Let me know
John

I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

NIJ

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 09:40:26 AM »
Hi John.  Thanks for prompt response. Don't have pic 'cos part missing - must have ditched it with the old filter.  Mine is an early 3 brg petrol, but the parts manual says they all use the same filter type RTC 3184.  So I guess your plate should do.  It's a metal disc with a dished centre and central hole for the securing spindle, it lives inside the oil filter housing below the filter element.  I'm in W Stirlingshire. Cheers, Nij.
Nigel

Lurch032003

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 11:36:47 PM »
Hi sorry been having connection problems with my charges fir iPad and iPhone both sane type keep breaking them so time fir soldering iron to come out .
Anyways yes I have a complete oil filter housing assembly that you can have not sure how to get this to you I'm able to bring it with me as I go once a week at least to auchtermuchty usually a Sunday if that helps or I'm I. Edinburgh this Thursday coming bar that I'm here at my home if you pm me how you wish to get it I will try my best to get it to you.
Cheers
John

NIJ

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 09:57:43 AM »
Pm sent. N
Nigel

Lurch032003

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 02:45:34 AM »
Great meeting you Nigel , I hope your now running again and got home safe look forward to meeting you again some time shout again if I can help in future .
Cheers
John

NIJ

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 09:00:19 AM »
'Morning John. Many thanks for your help. Got home ok. Bit damp here now but have walked dog and about to go out and fix the truck. Best wishes, Nigel
Nigel

Lurch032003

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »
Hi Nigel , damp weather here too not a day fir out door work, I hope all goes well and she is up and running shortly I await in anticipation to your reply saying so.

Cheers
John