Leaf Sprung Trial Sun 7 July 13 - Forest Farm, by Caldercruix

· 7 · 2826

DU

If you have a leaf sprung Land Rover, why not come along to the RTV trial at Forest Farm, Caldercruix on Sunday 7th July? This will build on the success of last year’s event at Bathgate where much old time trialling was to be had.

It will be open to any leaf sprung Land Rover and will consist of non damaging but occasionally quite technical sections, each with 10 pairs of gates. The site opens at 8am with scrutineering taking place from 8.30am and the start 10.00am. Willing helpers for marshalling duties will as ever be most welcome. There are some good photos of previous years' events on the website if you want a look. The site is along the unclassified country road (yellow on the OS Map from Cairneyhill Quarry, between Forestfield and Dewshill. Forestfield is halfway between Caldercruix and Blackridge on the A89.

Like last year, this will be a very sociable event, with ample opportunity for those wishing to try their hand at RTV trials and double or triple enter a motor. Last year we even had a number of vehicles that were double or even triple entered. The aim will be to recreate the trials of the 1960s and 70s and will not be too competitive.

If you want a few laughs come along and join us.

Alex Lindsay 01506 854827
Donald Urquhart 07774 828269

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Leaf Sprung Trial Sun 7 July 13 - Forest Farm, by Caldercruix
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:22:22 PM »
I'm up for that !
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

DU

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 07:15:08 AM »
If anyone is able to assist setting out the course on Saturday, please give Alex Lindsay a ring on 01506 854827.

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 11:35:56 PM »
Gutted. Will not be able to make it. I went for a drive this evening and found the brakes are  playing up. If its the same as last time it'll be that the lining has come off a shoe.

:P
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

shug

• Name: Hugh Kay
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »

a big thanks to Alex,  Donald and all the set up crew for a fantastic rtv . great trials sections and a gloriously sunny day to boot what more could you want, even managed to get the wee landy home in one piece . hope to see you all again next year, cant wait for mudmaster now . shug...

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »
Fantastic weekend, great event with some technical sections. Thanks to everybody for setting up and marshalling.
Wee motor ran well, just needs some more tweaking and I need to practice trials driving.

Huge smiles
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 06:33:37 PM »
....and practice turning left Ruari ;)