BATHGATE RTV & DRIVING WEEKEND 30TH -31ST of March 2013

· 11 · 3971

bobby

• www.gemm4x4.co.uk
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:35:44 PM »

Two lots of competition and a Driving Day all crammed into one great weekend at Ballancreiff Farm near Bathgate, by kind permission of the Reid family.
This popular site has a huge variety of terrain to suit all types of vehicle so whether it’s a Freelander , Discovery,  Range Rover or a battered old 90, there will be something here for you and all the family.

There will be a 4 mile drive round circuit, including a new section through the woods, loads of trials sections to practice your RTV or TYRO skills and Land Rover dealers, Morrison’s of Stirling, will be on site with all the latest models.
Bring your tent or caravan and enjoy the full weekend with all this fantastic off roading on your door step. Camping area is available from Friday to Sunday and toilets will be on site all weekend.

All this action does take a lot of work to put it together, so if you can lend a hand to set this event up on Friday 29TH  please call Bobby Muir on 07799 744862  or send a PM to bobby
Remember any help counts towards earning your Championship points eligibility.

The programme for the weekend comprises;

FRIDAY 29TH March
•   Starting at 10.00am, Several hundred orange arrows, stakes and canes need to go in the ground, signs, car park, camping area, marquees, equipment trailer all have to be in place to make the event happen! Can you help? A bit of hammering, some stapling and lots of free off-road miles!

SATURDAY 30th March

•   Take part in the friendly competition of an RTV Trial
•   Safety scrutineering and signing on 08:30 – 09:30. Both events start at 10:00
•   Cost £15.00 per driver.
•   Spectators are welcome to come and watch the action.
•   Experienced drivers available to accompany or advise any first time or novice entrants.
•   For all the campers, have a beer or two in the Marquee in the evening

SUNDAY 31st March
•   Open Driving Day with a 4 mile circuit suitable for all Land Rover vehicles from shiny Freelanders and Range Rovers to Series I’s. Site open from 10:00 – 16:30, cost £20.00
•   Extra RTV and TYRO Trials sections for some practice!
•   Visit the club shop in the Marquee for all the latest SLROC merchandise.
•   See some of the latest Land Rover models on display from Morrison’s Land Rover
•   Hot food and drinks available on site
•   Junior driver’s area, let your kids terrify you!
•   This is an open event so bring all the family and anyone you know with a Land Rover or not.
 with some fun fun for the kids as its easter

DIRECTIONS
From Bathgate town centre follow the B792 Torphichen Road, just outside the town turn right following signs for Cairnpapple and the orange arrows to the site entrance. (OS Sheet 65 Ref 991714)
We drive the landrovers, we brake the landrovers, I fix the landrovers. GEMM 4X4 LTD workshop@gemm4x4.co.uk,, slrocchairman at gmail.com

bobby

• www.gemm4x4.co.uk
Re: BATHGATE RTV & DRIVING WEEKEND 30TH -31ST of March 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »
Hi all

Please note that the DRIVING day will be canceled next weekend due to the weather we are having.

the plan is to move it to the end of april more info will be posted

bobby
We drive the landrovers, we brake the landrovers, I fix the landrovers. GEMM 4X4 LTD workshop@gemm4x4.co.uk,, slrocchairman at gmail.com

graeme1mckay

• Name: graeme mckay
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »
Is the rtv on saturday still happening?

tomb raider

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »
Yes the rtv is going ahead as planed on sat

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 09:00:06 AM »
yay...sorry but I'm working on Sunday and was gutted to missing yet another event!!! Hopefully if the new date is posted soon enough I'll be able tobook the day off to come along...this year is not going well at all LOL I seem to be working every weekend there's something to go to!!!

graeme1mckay

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »
I joined the club for the first time this year and ive been working every event except this weekend and its been cancelled. Maybe next time.

tomb raider

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »
We are very sorry but the snow has made the hill to tricky to run a driving day as bobby said we hope to run it  in April .We are still running the rtv if you want to take part or watch on sat
Cheers Dougie

mosstrooper

• Name: mark field
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 05:32:41 PM »
plan to nip up on sat at some point and get some pics  ;)

Stirky

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 07:10:40 PM »
RTV set up done. Thanks to all who turned up to help.
Lots of deep snow to tackle, should be lots of fun
 :D
Gonnae no dae that

graeme1mckay

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 05:12:40 PM »
Wasnt having a go. Wouldnt dare. Sorry if it read like i was.

mosstrooper

• Name: mark field
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 09:05:21 PM »
when has the driving day been moved too?? I have a wife who has experienced the "land rover experience", in all its tameness, I think its time to scare the "brown stuff" outa her!! lol+--