Series II or III Project Wanted

· 9 · 900

oddwriter

• Name: Tony Mileham
Series II or III Project Wanted
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:02:29 AM »
Having monitored E**y for the last few months and seen the rip-off merchants asking fortunes for projects, I hope my luck is better here.
I'm looking for a Series II or III project that doesn't need a new chassis or a total rebuild (I don't have a garage available).

As with most people these days I'm on a budget (around £500 -600) and I would prefer reasonably near to the Scottish Borders as I will need to pay a transport company to collect/deliver.

Hoping for a SWB hardtop petrol but will consider anything.

Anyone offering or know of anything?

oldsavoury

Re: Series II or III Project Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »
A friend has a L reg swb 2.25 diesel, good bulkhead and chassis, it's on a lightweight chassis, maybe needs some work on brakes... But generally sound. Currently truck cab. He's looking for something over £800?

oddwriter

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:40:45 AM »
Can you tell me where it's located please. Also contact details for pics if poss.

Thanks

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 10:07:38 AM »
to point out the obvious  :o you are not giving yourself much of a budget

you may get lucky - but for that kind of money you are looking at bottom end projects

sorry  ;)
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

oddwriter

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »
True - but then as a second "toy" I cannot justify spending big bucks. I don't mind doing mechanics, paintwork, bodywork or minor welding. Just can't see how some projects command 000's when they need new chassis, bulkhead plus all the associated strip and refurb.

piper5

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:30:30 PM »
theres a series three in fife on gumtree with clutch problems for £600 , not connected to me by the way.

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 07:40:04 PM »
to point out the obvious  :o you are not giving yourself much of a budget

you may get lucky - but for that kind of money you are looking at bottom end projects

sorry  ;)

Not necessarily, I got mine for £700 off ebay.  Then again I've probably spent that again and then some sorting it out ::)

[attachment deleted by admin]

lurch032003

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »
I bought my project one for £350 of eBay but have spent well over two grand so far on bits and bobs and I reckon I will spend more, its not how much its how much you can afford and its what you want out of it at the end , how it looks and runs, and most important its road legal, it takes alot of work tobget them there so my advice if your looking cheap be prepaird to spend at least a grand to get it road legal and nothing else, so is how much time and effort and tears that it costs,  plus not forgetting even once road legal the work on them never stops as they always like a wife/girlfriend/partner they demand time and money to keep them happy. :-)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:25:02 PM by lurch032003 »

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »
Actually, when I think how much I spent just getting it roadworthy then you are better going for the best you can find but if you are wanting something to work on then....

Rich