where to start..off roading my Land Rover

· 9 · 1849

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
where to start..off roading my Land Rover
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »
Advice for the idiot from all the knowledgable folks  :)  clearly tanking across the hill with shouts of "it'll be fine!" isn't the way to off road with success ( I've survived thus far but it doesn't mean it's right lol ) so once I get club membership sorted out wheres the best place to start event wise... bearing in mind after the event I have to be able to drive it home and I'm a tad reckless if there's no one to keep me in check....

Eileen

Tommy B

Re: where to start..off roading my Land Rover
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 09:19:21 PM »
Drumclog on the 27th would be a good start...check out 'forthcoming events'.

PS, just for the record, I'm not one of the 'knowledgable folks'!!!

Tom.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:25:01 PM by Tommy B »
Never Apologise - Never Explain                     (Sorry, I should say I read that in a book somewhere!!)

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »
errr with my track record at getting stuck I'm not the best to listen to lol
What I would say is get yourself along to the driving day or watch for ad hoc days at pay & play sites with other members. Getting stuck is part of the fun and you will have people who can recover you...........after the've taken pictures of your prediciment of course  :)

Land Rogie

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 09:42:06 PM »
As I thought..there will be photographic evidence of my reckless behaviour...long as none of it reaches my Dad all will be well...after all I wouldn't be as irresponsible as to risk breaking the beast and having to ask him to er...fix it...er...again!!!! The idiotic thing called work gets in the way of Drumclog which is gutting coz i love that site..but there will be others and I will be out there...sunk in some muddy bog coz... "it'll be fine...."

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »
Well next up would be the Tyro at Callander on 3rd June. A number of short sections to drive, basically see how far you get without hitting a cane "gate". Very little chance of damage, good chance of some "advice" from the "knowledgeable bystanders"  :-)

Seriously, there would be no problem with asking someone to sit in with you and talk tactics....or you can just use it as a chance to experiment !

G.   
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 12:38:13 PM »
Seriously, there would be no problem with asking someone to sit in with you and talk tactics....or you can just use it as a chance to experiment !
Such actions are positively encouraged!!

Sims

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:20:06 PM »
There is no event in Callander In June, Tyro is Sat 2nd June at bathgate and CCV at Bathgate on 3rd June!

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »
There is no event in Callander In June, Tyro is Sat 2nd June at bathgate and CCV at Bathgate on 3rd June!

Sorry Sharon - My mistake, I've written it wrongly in my diary.

Cheers,

G.

Edited to add - Obviously some confusion here. The website shows it as Callander, it also shows both events as being on the Sunday, so thats where my Diary got it from...  Ian ?? 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:40:48 PM by genem »
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Land Rogie

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 02:59:37 PM »
So..are both events..Tyro being the one I want I believe..on Sunday 3rd June? This should work out as my weekend off ( silly shift work sometimes pays off ) which would be grand...

Eileen