Wheres all the landrovers gone??

· 3 · 1208

arrolman

Wheres all the landrovers gone??
« on: June 25, 2011, 10:32:15 PM »
Hi all,

Been looking for a cheap landrover in prep for the winter as my Omega won't cut it, been browsing the evil bay for a few weeks and there is hardly a series rover too be seen or had anywhere except down south, and even then theres not many. Have the scrap men got there grubby mitts on them all?? There used too be hundreds kicking about, there's plenty of new disco's and range rovers on the go, plenty of freelanders as well and a few sky high 90/110's. Sad state of affairs if theres no cheap and cheerful landies too be had :-(

konads

Re: Wheres all the landrovers gone??
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:39:35 PM »
Scrapped/left to rot most probably. My guess is that when they were just 'old' people didn't put any value on them in terms of preservation - like early discos are thought of now.

If they are plentiful and cheap, when something big breaks (or rusts, in the disco's case) people just scrap them and buy another. Once they get older and rarer the number owned by enthusiasts will increase, who won't make such decisions purely on economics. The numbers should eventually more or less level out.

Someone posted this link up on the S2 forum, I was shocked how comparatively few are left:
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/land_rover_88_-_4_cyl
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:47:20 PM by konads »

Spaceman

Re: Wheres all the landrovers gone??
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »
Im hoping to have my series 3 finished off in a few months then that will be getting sold for a good price just what its cost me really.