Which Breakdown Recovery Service?

· 8 · 1954

Dave T

Which Breakdown Recovery Service?
« on: November 19, 2010, 07:18:09 AM »
Which is the best breakdown recovery service for if you break something whilst off road leaving you immobile? Greenflag and the RAC do have clauses which I think they could reject a claim with but the AA didn't look like it had that clause. Will any of them come and get you?
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

jay2578

Re: Which Breakdown Recovery Service?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 02:43:20 PM »
A fellow club member? I`m sure anyone who uses the forum would help out a stranded buddy

coolcamper55

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »
Well said that man

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 06:14:57 PM »
I think ( correct me if im wrong ) but with most recovery services, if youre off road somewhere, then you'l have to get your vehicle to the road where you can be picked up. If youre at a club event, then i doubt you'll have any problem with that :)

Personally im in the AA. Never had any problem with them. :) I rolled my Triumph Herald at a competition rally, and they brought her home-no questions asked.

Good luck
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:16:29 PM by Truckster »
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

sthrifty

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:24:24 AM »
I really shouldnt comment they have all been great with me odd time i have been taken home off mountains etc
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

Tommy B

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
I remember breaking down a few years back in a 300Tdi RRC, while towing the caravan.  It was a problem with the water pump, and the RAC guy kindly fitted a brand new pump that I happened to have inthe back of the car.  I think he made some comment that it was easier to do that than arranging a tow for the Range Rover and the caravan.

Thankfully, I've not had to call them too many times, but when I have, they've always been helpful (including those at the call centre).

Do Green Flag not use more local garages that their own staff?  Don't know if that a good thing or not!

Tom.     
Never Apologise - Never Explain                     (Sorry, I should say I read that in a book somewhere!!)

Dave T

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 07:01:40 AM »
Decided on the AA in the end, was paying ?70 for one car before with Greenflag, now its ?101 for two of us in any car (need to cover 3), seemed the best deal and have seen a few muddy LRs on their trucks on a Sunday night recently.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

piper5

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 04:27:47 PM »
my mate is a sub contractor for all four of the recovery companies and he rates britannia rescue as the best, with aa and greenflag next and rac the worst
what he says is anything out the ordinary  in any way will be bumped to contractors to recover to cut their insurance risks. boy racer cars, anything modified, most things with trailers etc

personally i used britannia for over 15 years with no issue the twice i have used them they appeared in about 20 mins
i am now with the AA as they were cheaper to cover the whole family fleet of four cars, haven't used them yet though, but sardass on here used them recently and sat for hours on the or near the m74, sure he will explain!