200 Tdi Disco radiator frame

· 7 · 1356

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
200 Tdi Disco radiator frame
« on: July 27, 2019, 01:39:40 PM »
I'm - slowly - converting a series 2A to 200 Tdi using an engine and parts robbed from a 200TDi Disco.

Part of the plan is to shorten the radiator frame so it only includes the rad and make a seperate frame for the intercooler. I've got the top and bottom sections for the intercooler - the offcuts, but I'll need another two sides. Anyone got a scrap 200Tdi Disco radiator frame thats decent enough to be re-used ?  The two sides on their own would be even more helpful...

Thanks !   
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

konads

Re: 200 Tdi Disco radiator frame
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:41:45 PM »
Have you got any pics of the frame parts? I've got a couple of rads lying around that I think have frames. Might have something that would work.

Andy (aka suffixb on that there s2c forum)

rangerovering

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 07:32:03 AM »
If its any help have you considered a standard Td5 intercooler across the front of the rad? Can send pics if you want I did it to my S3 with a 19J years ago worked well
Steve

genem

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 05:28:17 PM »
Have you got any pics of the frame parts? I've got a couple of rads lying around that I think have frames. Might have something that would work.

Andy (aka suffixb on that there s2c forum)

genem

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 05:29:18 PM »
If its any help have you considered a standard Td5 intercooler across the front of the rad? Can send pics if you want I did it to my S3 with a 19J years ago worked well

I hadn't, a pic would be good !  genethefarmer@aol.com.

Cheers !

rangerovering

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 07:29:38 AM »

I hadn't, a pic would be good !  genethefarmer@aol.com.

Cheers !

Have a look here

https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/200tdi-conversion.126110/

Not my conversion but the principle is the same, works well you get a proper sized rad to suit the engine and a decent sized intercooler.

Cheers

Steve
Steve

konads

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 11:06:53 AM »
Sorry, I forgot about this. The 200 rad I have is frameless unfortunately.

I do have a 300 rad frame which I imagine is similar. The sides are just folded sheet - if you have me the dimensions of what you need I could knock something up if you like?

And just to add another option to the mix... I had a series rad on my old 200tdi 109, with a 300tdi intercooler fitted at the nearside and an aftermarket oil cooler in front of the main rad. It required some minor front panel surgery to make it all fit.