Kidlaw

· 8 · 1995

disco chas

• Old Boy with old toys!!
  • Name: Charlie Cook
Kidlaw
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
What a great day out! So many cars and people and a great set up. Many thanks to owner and set up party. I had a great day, spoiled by running out of diesel 4 miles from home. Still, that's what wives are for, go to garage with spare can, then bring it to me.
Looking forward to the next time, same craic as this time I hope, see you all there, Charlie
Ser 3 2.4
90 200 L reg

Dave T

Re: Kidlaw
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »
It is a great site, and the courses never fail to ruin my underwear! Is there going to be a tyro there anytime?

Come on frank, where are the photos?
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Reacher

• Name: Brian Rowan
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:20:28 PM »
My first RTV (as ballast for Dave T). What a great day. I can't wait to try it myself! Plus did you know this about the site! I got a history lesson too so what more does a chap need! http://streaming.britishpathe.com/hls-vod/flash/00000000/00020000/00020264.mp4.m3u8  :)

Frank W

• Name: Frank Wolfe
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
OK Dave, managed to get my finger out and selected 99 from my lot of 300 taken yesterday..... very slow uploading from here in Hull, maybe not got Fibre Optics yet, but eventually all got through... Now in the Gallery.
As said, great venue, great layout, thanks to course builders .. and to those who took my camera when I was playing too.

Frank W
V8 3.5 90
V8 3.9 88

Fostlongstrider

• 2016 D4 Graphite Loire blue. 1993 Defender 90 Csw
  • Name: Bob Donaldson
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
Fabulous day out. Great courses many challenging aspects. Even the biting cold wind didn't dampen the enthusiasm . Well done to the organisers for the set up and standing about all day recording the results in the cold. Good to see how the different mix of vehicles coped with the varied courses. Definately worth another visit to that site for me

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 01:45:25 PM »
I'm particularly proud of those sections: I learnt from Alex Scott & Alex Lindsay - both of whom set out sections where the challenge for the driver is in choosing the right line, and the skill in setting out is making the choice of line interesting and varied (and not always obvious).
Plenty of axle-twisters, and slopes to throw you off the line, and I don't think a single gate was under 8 feet wide, but you definitely had to think about your line: get it wrong through gate 8, and you were totally in the wrong place to clear gate 4.

I think the results speak for themselves: 18 RTV drivers with 11 different scores. Only 1 competitor managed to clear every single section, yet most sections were cleared by a good number of people.
Some sections became easier if you ran later, a few if you were in the early runners - but none became impassable.

My thanks to Dean (and Libby) Pugh, Peter Shickle, and Alex Scott for helping with setup: it was a truly combined effort with discussion over most of the sections.

..... The land owner is happy for us to go back, and would not be adverse to a Tyro and/or CCV in the autumn  ;D
(my only concern is that we take care not to permanently scar the ground)

Dave T

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 03:10:35 PM »
I would certainly be up for a Tyro, away from trees!
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

diydafty

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 06:55:36 PM »
Yes, it was everything everyone says, can't wait to get back, perhaps in a ccv motor next time, who knows! Well done to all the busy people who make it possible. Kieron was quiet, can't think why, lol.