For Sale Series 3 Diesel

· 1 · 827

simboy1973

For Sale Series 3 Diesel
« on: February 14, 2011, 07:32:39 PM »
Sadly i have to let my Land Rover 88? series 3 Perkins Prima 2.0 TD go.!!
 www.pistonheads.com/sales/2505635.htm
Please see link, as I can't upload images

Land Rover Series 3 1983 with Perkins Prima 2.0 turbo diesel conversion with standard 4 speed box.
All 4 wheel drive and high and low ratio?s work perfectly. No jumping out of gears like alot of old Landies. No noises diffs etc... Its if there is such a thing, a lovely driving Landie..

The Landie was fully rebuilt and refurbished 2003 to 2004 and rebuilt on a military chassis, this is when the engine conversion was also carried out.
Towbar ? also front and rear tow hooks
Amber Light Bar - works
V5 was also fully updated with all the new details.
I have the receipt for the chassis and paperwork for the conversion.
This one pulls and steers very well while still returning 30 to 40 mpg, due to the fuel consumption this is our daily runner.. Its great on fuel, although not the quickest Landie, with the Turbo it will keep up with modern traffic, even if it tops out about 60mph...
Performed amazingly in the recent bad snow will go anywhere, starts first time every time, no matter what.
I have all the old mots since the rebuild and the car has only covered 14000 miles in the 6 years since the rebuild and has covered 80500 approx  in total since new.
The car has just passed its Mot with no advisories and is taxed till the end of April.
This is a good solid Land Rover and EVERYTHING works as it should.
Has parabolic springs all round.
Viewing is welcome and highly recommended.

Sadly it has to go as i want another sports car and her indoors will not allow me to get something else until this is sold.. So it?s with great regret it?s got to go to a new home...

New Wheels ? very good Pirelli Scorpion tyres ? 235/70/16
New Clutch
New Rear x member ? all the chassis is in excellent condition as is the bulkhead
Oil/ Filter done
New n/s/r wheel bearing
New Front Brake seals
New N/S Windscreen
New Headlining
New Headlamps
New O/S Mudgaurd ? have a spare n/s one, but isn?t required.
New Speedo Cable
New Thermostat ? yes heater works and car warms up and quickly..
New Oil Pressure switch
Greased Props
New Rear Gearbox Seal

?2950.00
PM me your email address as i cant upload images for some reason and i?ll mail you back
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:50:57 PM by simboy1973 »