For the F1 fans if any..

· 50 · 7645

Scott110

For the F1 fans if any..
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:07:49 PM »
 :)

Its great news Kubica Seems to be doing as well as can be expected.. i cant imagine what must be going through his mind today as he was woken up from his enduced coma. None of the reports say weather he was awake during the hour he waited befor he was cut out the rally car he crashed i hope in the nicest possible way he was out for the count it would be terrible mentaly for a driver to see his hand almost servered not including the rest of his horrific inurys still to be operated on. The F1 forum are updating regulay on the story.

He is a great driver with a fantastic driving style and really hope to see him in the 2012 season.

1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
Re: For the F1 fans if any..
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
I quite agree, but what in gods name was he doing throwing a rally car about just before his new F1 season is about to start!!  ::)

Good luck to the new 'home boy' driving for Force India  :)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

Big Slippy

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:58:21 PM »

talk about history repeating itself (nearly). Does anyone remember what happened to Alex Naninni during his off duty play time? (same team, although it was called benetton then)

Michael.

PS - these guys need to keep razor sharp during the off season, thats why they do it. Webber started last season after suffering a broken leg on a mountain bike!!
2005 Alive Defender 110 Double Cab
2015 Range Rover Sport

8cylinder

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 07:50:37 AM »
Yup,hope he is ok aswell,great talent in a under performing car.

Scott110

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 11:23:48 AM »
Nice to see some F1 fans most just slate the sport as they dont understand its not just about overtaking....i cant wait for the new season to kick of.

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 06:38:46 PM »
What is the date of the first race?
She said at my age I need something else to play with

Scott110

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 07:54:41 PM »
Practice starts march 10th ,7 am.
Practice session 2 , 10th, 11am.
Practise session 3, 11th, 8am
Qualifying , 11th, 11am.
Raceday startime 12pm.

I always use the red button function to use the onbaord cameras. BBC.

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
Spot on Scott, thanks  ;D
She said at my age I need something else to play with

Truckster

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »
Definately an F1 fan-love it!!!

I wave the J.Button flag.... ;D...but id like to see Webber getting a stab at the Championship too.

Scott110

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 01:54:45 AM »
U gota become as sad as i am and setup your computer with a steering wheel and pedals and see if you can match their lap times... i really got to get a life  :D.

Heard on the news Kubica is doing well and out of intensive care ready for the next stage of his recovery.

You know who i really want to do well is Massa he is a hell of a driver over shadowed by his teamamte. Another driver who did really dodge death bigtime.

Im still gona try my hardest to get to a race this season and Spa just ticks all the boxes anyone fancy it drive oer in a landy set up camp and get slashed all wkend long?

Also Motogp will be starting on the 20th of the same month in Qatar.

Anyone is welcome doon myne evry F1 wkend all i do is sit watch and drink and eat.

Truckster

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »
Nah..ive not got a cats chance in a landy of doing that!!.. :D...i'll stick to racing my wee 90 on my PS2 'Off-Road' game!!

Poor Massa doesnt stand a chance with his current team mate-we all heard the 'Alonso is quicker than you' c**p last year. :( Good luck to him though-he's a fine driver.......still prefer Mr Button..!!.. ;D

I'm aiming to go to Silverstone at some point-trundle down in the Goddess....providing i can afford to insure her-my premium has doubled this year-renewal is 488 flippin' quid.....not a happy lady!! >:(

Scott110

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 03:18:03 AM »
 ;)
If u like playing about with a 90 on yer ps2 u will love a game called screamer4x4 for the pc you can drive a 110 2.5d or a v8 do comp safari or trials its bloody awsome. its an old game but works on current windows platforms it aint rocket sciecnce technology but just seeing a landrover on the screen doing axle twisters and manuly engaing difflock and high low is right up our street. you can also drive unimogs and big military trucks or a hilux monster truck.

Ill be honest im not a huge button fan he is a very smooth driver its fantastic to watch him in a car but he does moan alot compared to his teamamate who just jumps in and thrashes the car regardless. I see Button as a bit of a f1 pretty boy. maybe im being harsh but i think he is at the limit and now will struggle to keep his seat if he does not peform well this season. maybe why he has never landed a major drive until mclaren and that was only due to the fact brawn got it spot on and gave him a car that could not go wrong at first, later on in that season you saw his moaning ways coming back and i think he was lucky to even win the championship but he did do a stunnin drive to secure it so fair game that way. all the best to him in 2011 but i think he will struggle i hope im wrong.

The top players are Vettel and hamilton their hardcore racers its all or nothing although Hamilton is listening to much to the complaints about his aggresive style whilst Vettel smashes anyhting that gets in his way. Those 2 have the potential to be trully great even legends if guided correctly.

And id deffinatly look into your insurance thats just plaina nd simple to high for a landy id expect that amount for a full on fire breathing beast racing landy
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:23:25 AM by Scott110 »

kilty

• Name: Campbell Sharp
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 05:53:02 AM »
How close was that

geoffg

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 08:23:56 AM »
I'm aiming to go to Silverstone at some point-trundle down in the Goddess....providing i can afford to insure her-my premium has doubled this year-renewal is 488 flippin' quid.....not a happy lady!! >:(
British GP is the weekend before the LROi Show at Billing, which is just along the road from Silverstone. There you go, Mel. 2 birds with 1 stone!!
Geoff

Truckster

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 03:34:08 PM »
That sounds like a holiday plan!!   ;D ;D