MOT Centre Recommendation

· 18 · 4787

rover51

• rover51
MOT Centre Recommendation
« on: August 16, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »
Hi all,

Recently took my 110 into my local MOT station (one I have used for the last two years) and was "advised" to wait until the same MOT Tester was back off his holidays to let him do the test (this was after pre booking the MOT)

The centre in question has several MOT Testers so why could one of them not do it instead ?

The chap who owns or runs the place was quite adamant that the previous tester should do it.

Now I feel that there may be a little discrimination against the older green oval here (or maybe me !) but you would think that an MOT is an MOT and the centre would be getting there money regardless of which tester did the MOT inspection !

Anyway enough of my rambling........ I just wonder if anyone would recommend a landy friendly MOT chappy within easy reach of the Clydebank area ???
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

jonmcghee

• Name: jonathan mcghee
Re: MOT Centre Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:13:27 PM »
Some MOTers are more landy friendly than others and know there way around landy's better
300tdi disco 3 door

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 08:13:07 PM »
I'll second that.  I think we have all heard of horror stories regarding MOTs on landies.  My favourite is the one that failed its MOT because it had no handbrake cables to the rear wheels.

lurch032003

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
Hi I recently experinaced similar to your story I getting a friendly landy mot station and have found one but afraid a bit out your way sorry its in Stonyburn in west lothian and I highly recommend them , they did my motorhome and should me and let me see everything and got a very good job done and have had landis and Saab in since all same treatment and great comms from them
Oh if I remeber correct its RCA commercial in Stonyburn you will know your in right bit look for the Skelton bike rider on a old motorbike at there gates and its first right after the school as you drive into Stonyburn . .

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »
Cheers Lurch - worth knowing of one place thats good :)

Bit of a travel though mate but who knows !
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

Dave T

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 08:31:01 PM »
I have used scotstoun mot centre, red building directly opposite bus garage in south street, done me fine for a few years now.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 08:32:27 PM »
I have used scotstoun mot centre, red building directly opposite bus garage in south street, done me fine for a few years now.

CHeers Dave - I'll check it out and get a number :)
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

Dave T

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 08:35:59 PM »
I sent a friend from work along with a series 3 and he was a little unsure on a few points but was willing to listen and learn, a defender should be fine though.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:41:28 PM »
I sent a friend from work along with a series 3 and he was a little unsure on a few points but was willing to listen and learn, a defender should be fine though.

You've not seen this defender lol
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

Big Rich

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »
I take mine to John Henrys/Dalmuir Motors at Dalmuir.  Gordon in there is very good as he is into Landrovers so knows what to look for, as are his dad and brother and he is just along the road from you.

Rich

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 08:50:47 PM »
I take mine to John Henrys/Dalmuir Motors at Dalmuir.  Gordon in there is very good as he is into Landrovers so knows what to look for, as are his dad and brother and he is just along the road from you.

Rich

CHeers Rich - It's booked in there tomorrow :)
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

Big Rich

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 10:46:21 PM »
Good luck. Mine will be heading along in a couple of weeks hopefully.

rover51

• rover51
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »
Well Gomez the 110 went to the MOT station today and yup Gordon at Dalmuir Motors is great.
Ok so the Landrover failed .....BUT...... not on anything too much so that will be back in a few days for the re test.
Thanks everyone for the recommendations
I wish I knew more,
But then, don't we all.

kevin18050

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 12:07:45 PM »
Gordy knows his stuff have relied on his warn a few times at the clog to bale me out lol glad your sorted mate like to keep an eye out on the 110 when im out and about

SJF

• Name: Stuart Ford
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 04:12:25 PM »
Great little place ran in Blackburn central Scotland called diesel jocks guys names Duncan very friendly cheap and helpful. Don't rip people of and he always manages to squeeze people in for work tyres mot etc give him a try for cars vans landys anything