So....

· 18 · 3672

Bewildered sassanack

• It didn't look that deep.......
So....
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:47:50 PM »
...is that the end of SLROC doing GRRs with Sandy setting up a separate club, or will they continue in some form under the SLROC banner?
Or have I completely missed the news regarding this one?

gary1968

Re: So....
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:20:52 PM »
mmmmm, a question I have been pondering as well. GRR's are the only event that hold an interest for me, I have a Freelander and I am not convinced it will be up to much more, I also like the point of the GRR - getting somewhere and seeing interesting places.
I have seen that Sandy is in the process of setting up a GRR club, whether or not SLROC continues with GRR's will no doubt influence my decision on where to pay my fee's, SLROC, SGRC or both? Not sure yet.

Gary

DRH

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:30 PM »
Gary

I'm sure there was a post about SLROC continuing GRR's, and that's what seemed to be what the latest stushie is about.  It might just take a little longer to get all crucial information together.

There might just be a positive to this sorry situation in that it might increase the opportunities for GRR enthusiasts to have more events providing tere are no deliberate attempts for either club to clash with the other - and I hope that the current situation doesn't deteriorate to that extent. 

I'm sure if there is enough variety and maybe try out different and new venues further afield, people might attend both clubs.  The club has a Scotland wide membership but north or South of the Central Belt has never been ventured into other than Carfaemill as far as I know. There does seem to be a large interest in light and non competitive off roading.

Duncan

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 01:22:40 AM »
As far as I'm aware a number of people have volunteered to lead 1 or more GRR each and as per the original calender. The hope is that someone might step up to take on the overall organisation of GRR ?

Personally I'm sad that Sandy has decided that his disagreements with the Committee over the newsletter etc were such as to require him to resign and also stop leading GRR on behalf of the Club. That he has then also decided to keep to himself the contact details for some of the landowners is also sad. He certainly put in a lot of work but I would imagine that most of us thought his work was on behalf of the Club and its members rather than to build up a private database. When I paid my "sub" to attend a GRR it was as a Club member and with the intent that any recompense to the Landowner was a token of goodwill from the Club. I have asked him 3 times to reconsider his decision to withhold information that rightly belongs to the Clubs wider membership but to no avail.

Bottom line - Yes, the Club will be running GRR, as many as before. Some in well known and oft visited sites, others will likely be new and exciting sites.

Edited to add... I had thought of joining Sandys organisation but I'm afraid his attitude now stops me. The clincher was his comment, when asked again to divulge the contact details " Whats in it for me..."   Sorry, thats not what being in a Club is all about.

Gene.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:19:40 AM by genem »
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
We have Green Road Runs scheduled for:

1st May
12th June
2nd October
20th November
11th December

They will all be going ahead as planned!

As Gene intimated above, we haven't got one person taking over just yet (but any volunteers would be welcome!) between all of the committee, we will have all these events covered. Perhaps the recent problems have refocused efforts towards green road runs, both from the committee and the membership, as I have never been aware of so many people actively working on finding new routes. The optimist in me is starting to think that in a few months time we might even have a better GRR set up than before! The recent formation of a private enterprise taking advantage of the many years of goodwill and trust built up on behalf of our club with many Scottish landowners, who did so assuming they were dealing with a reputable national club such as ours will not thwart the efforts of this Club to continue to offer our members the very best events.

Dave T

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 10:58:23 AM »
Hope there is another visit to the Forrest estate down in the borders, that was a great day out last year with bits for everyone whether you wanted a GRR or if you wanted a few "special stages" thrown in as well.  ;D ;D
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

tgreer

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 11:24:07 AM »
Hope there is another visit to the Forrest estate down in the borders, that was a great day out last year with bits for everyone whether you wanted a GRR or if you wanted a few "special stages" thrown in as well.  ;D ;D

I was down there for the Hill Rally.... beautiful place :)
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

Sims

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 11:50:53 AM »
There will be a GRR in Forest Estate at St John Town of Dalry.  The committee just need to check what date suits the Landowner. Fantastic site, Plenty of miles.

Sharon Scott
Committee member

Dave T

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »
Excellent, just hope the dates work out.
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »
I have already run it past Brian so I can confirm, yes, we will be back at Forrest Estate for a GRR this year, probably October as that avoids Midge season!

gary1968

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »
Good news that the club will continue to run GRR's......., thanks, ;D

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 05:58:40 PM »
Forrest Estate is my only 'local' slroc event!! Now im out in the sticks.... ::) Lovely site, and ive marshalled at hill rallys there too.

Unfortunately as im Landy-less :( :( :'( :'(, i cant participate-blue oval wouldnt approve, but id certainly come along and say hello. :) See you in October!!!
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:55 PM »
the Forrest GRR was the only one I ever made and it was fantastic. At least October gives me plenty of time to save up for the petrol lol  :)

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 04:08:23 PM »
Truckster, if you are Land Roverless you could ask another member if they have a spare seat in their car. I see plenty of cars on GRR's with only a driver, no passengers
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

PamN

• Name: Pam Norrie
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 04:38:34 PM »
Suggest you just turn up and look sad.  Someone will take pity on you.
Growing old disgracefully!