The crazy world that is car insurance!!!!!!!!!!

· 18 · 3657

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
Re: The crazy world that is car insurance!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »
Well my renewal came in the Goddess on Saturday....sitting down?.....482 quid!!! I nearly chocked on my coffee >:( >:(. I knew it was going to go up, but that has doubled!!  Nothing to do with her accident either.

Soooo, i tried Shearwater who ran away in fright when i told them 'accident'..well they did ask!!!

Peter Best came in at ?169 with Green Laning cover only( long explanation in telling them we dont have green laning up here after i said 'green road run cover'!!) Also no issues with non fault accident either.

Lancaster came back with ?178 with G.L and Off road cover. No probs with accident either.

Both fully comp, so overall quite relieved with those quotes, but the 'off road' cover is such a grey area.  ::) I just want her covered for taking her off road, as in not on the road!! I.e across the field, an odd tyro,forestry tracks and marshalling. No fancy stuff!!  :)

I wait with baited breath for the blue oval's renewal to come in-its with the same company as the Goddess at present.............
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

jmccall85

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »
maybe not as cheap as some but got fully comp on my range rover classic tdi for ?250 with my partner on it aswell thought it was pritty cheap at the age of 25 found it through go compare

thanks  jamie

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 08:26:13 PM »
Ive gone through Go Compare before when looking for insurance for my van. Quite good apart from as soon as you go 'click' on the keyboard, the phone goes daft, and the following year you get harrassed to bits by companies looking for renewals!! :(...that drives me nuts!!

Wanted to talk to a human with regard to insurance this year because of the muppet that crashed into me last year. >:(

Jamie, that sounds like a good price on your RRC.... :)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)