Green Road Run, 15/16 Aug, Kielder, Northumberland

· 8 · 2338

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
Green Road Run, 15/16 Aug, Kielder, Northumberland
« on: July 27, 2015, 07:53:32 PM »
For the next GRR we're planning a return trip to Kielder Forest in Northumberland.....with the  option to camp overnight on the Saturday, 15th August. We did this run last September (without the camping) 9 vehicles turned up and we had an enjoyable day doing the forest drive (both ways) and exploring some UCRs (unclassified county roads) which were somewhat overgrown and poorly maintained in places - interesting!
So, rough plan is to meet at Kielder at midday on the Saturday, do the forest drive, then return to the campsite for food, drink, chat, stay-over - if not wanting to cook, there's a pub that does good bar meals about 1/4 mile from site. On the Sunday, we could do forest drive again and / or go and explore more UCRs. Anyone not wanting to stay over could come come down on Sunday morning to join us. Once I've got better idea of numbers and who is planning to go we can firm up on details.
 Kielder campsite directions are on website detailed below. The Forest drive is open to the public so not too challenging. It's 12 miles long, so a 24 mile round trip - cost is £4.
Camping is £14.50 for 2 person tent, £17 for up to 4. Caravans are £25 incl. electric hook-up. Fairly basic campsite but good showers and toilets, some barbecue benches and they do allow camp fires as long as they're in a fire pit and don't damage the ground.
If wishing to camp on the Saturday you will need to book directly on 01434 250291 or email kieldercampsite@btconnect.com - more info at kieldercampsite.co.uk. When booking please let them know that you're with Scottish Land Rover Owners and they'll put us on pitches beside each other.

If you're planning to go to this, can you please respond on here, or send me a PM to advise if intending to go both days and camp over, or just going on the Sunday, so that  we know if it's worthwhile doing the Saturday part. would be good if we could get a few folks together for camping.
Give me a shout if any more details required, Cheers, Alan

yellodisco

Re: Green Road Run, 15/16 Aug, Kielder, Northumberland
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:55:54 PM »

Anyone else up for this ? At the moment we only have 3 interested for the Saturday and four interested on the Sunday, but only one caravan planning to stay over at Kielder site.....anyone else?

yellodisco

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 11:49:54 AM »
Hi folks, we've got enough interest for this to go ahead now - 4 planning to go to campsite, 2 going for weekend but staying off-site, 1 coming down for the Sunday plus any others that turn up.
We've booked into the campsite now and would ask that those that expressed an interest go ahead and confirm. Plan is to meet at campsite car park, on left just before coming into Kileder village, when coming from Scotland side, at 12:30 on the Saturday, when we will go to do the forest drive. On the Sunday, plan would be to meet at same place (for anyone just coming on the day) and we can then go and explore some Unclassified County Roads (green lanes) and do the forest drive again if so desired, Alan

chris07

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
if you need any green lane info for the aria send  me a pm

yellodisco

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 10:07:26 PM »
PM sent

chris07

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »