Leaf Sprung RTV - Old Time Classic Land Rover Trialling - Sun 5 July 15

· 10 · 2932

DU

LEAF SPRUNG RTV – Torphin Quarry, Harburnhead, by West Calder, Near Livingston
SUNDAY 5 JULY 2015

If you have a leaf sprung Land Rover, why not come along to the Classic RTV trial at Torphin Quarry, near West Calder on Sunday 5th July? This will build on the success of previous years’ events where much old time trialling was to be had.

It will be open to any leaf sprung Land Rover and will consist of non-damaging but occasionally quite technical sections, each with 10 pairs of gates. The site opens at 8am with scrutineering taking place from 8.30am and the start 10.00 am. Willing helpers for marshalling duties will as ever be most welcome. There are some good photos of previous years' events on the website if you want a look. The site should be approached from grid reference NT039˝ 602˝ which is on the B7008 road which runs between the A71 and the A70. The site will be sign posted (with orange arrows), from the B7008’s junctions with these A roads.

Like last year's event at Twechar, this will be a very sociable event, with ample opportunity for those wishing to try their hand at RTV trials and double or triple enter a motor. Last year we even had a number of vehicles that were double or even triple entered. The aim will be to recreate the trials of the 1960s and 70s and will not be too competitive.

If you want a few laughs come along and join us.

Alex Lindsay 01506 854827
Donald Urquhart 07774 828269

MIJ

Alex Lindsay is looking for an idea of numbers for this event. Could anyone who is planning to enter either post a reply here or contact Alex direct on the number above.

Thanks
1979 Series 3
1996 D1 300Tdi Auto

shug

• Name: Hugh Kay

I am planning to come along , I think its the my first event this year  ::). hope the weather is good.

see you all there , shug...

lurch032003

8) mmm tempted if I can get her going, even to spectate as just up the road from me.
John

disco chas

• Old Boy with old toys!!
  • Name: Charlie Cook
I will be there,see you all there,cheers Charlie
Ser 3 2.4
90 200 L reg

gennydoctor

If I get the time to get the old girl ready I'm planning on going.

cenemc

Hope to make it, even if just to spectate.

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
Hope you all have this circled in red on your calendar - it is going to be great!!!
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
That is all the sections set up, ready for tomorrow.   Thanks to Alex, Lindsay,  Ryan, Trevor, Scott, Stuart & Dean.   See you all in the morning ... http://slroc2.co.uk/index.php/events/club-calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2015/07/05/177/-/5th-july-leaf-sprung-trial
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

lurch032003

8) mmm tempted if I can get her going, even to spectate as just up the road from me.
John

Sorry I won't be there I hope you all have a great day my test drive was not good enough yet for me to use grrrr
Please someone post up pics of it all I would love to see how you all get on with all this rain we had will make it interesting .
Cheers
John