Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
FORTHCOMING SLROC EVENTS / RTV Event at Bathgate - 18 May 2024
« Last post by JulianA on Today at 10:09:49 AM »
The fourth RTV event is being held at Ballencrieff, near Bathgate this coming Saturday in conjunction with separate TYRO and CCV events.

Tickets are available from the Club website: (https://www.tickettailor.com/events/scottishlandroverownersclub/1092244?)
Passengers must also sign on and this can be done when buying your ticket.

We will be setting up on Friday afternoon at 3:00pm and if you would like to help then please meet me at the entrance gate at 2:50pm (what 3 words:  roost.develop.bachelor).
There is camping available at the site on both Friday and Saturday nights for club members.

Please also remember that there is a driving day that anyone can come along and drive the marked route (in any 4x4 vehicle), try out a few of the competition sections from the day before or just explore the hills and magnificent views as you wish.
You do not need to be a club member, or a Land Rover Owner – anyone is welcome to come along and see what the club has to offer. Cost for the day is £25 per vehicle. All drivers and passengers must sign-on at the Club Caravan and drivers on the course must have a suitable Drivers License (except in the Kids designated drivers area).Tickets are available from: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/scottishlandroverownersclub/1255615?
FORTHCOMING SLROC EVENTS / 18th & 19th May Bathgate TYRO, RTV, CCV & driving day
« Last post by neils on May 13, 2024, 07:29:37 PM »
We have a triple trial day on Saturday and a driving day open to all on Sunday, no matter what you drive as long as its 4x4, although it would be best if its designed for offroad as opposed to a 4x4 audi TT!
Enter here to all events
https://www.slroc.co.uk/how-to-enter/
GENERAL CHAT / Vehicle Trackers
« Last post by Alan Mc on May 11, 2024, 08:08:58 AM »
Just been fleeced by my insurance broker who got me to renew last month but snuck in a requirement for a Tracker in the small print.   I’m going to complain but anyone had experience of:

Getting a recognised tracker;
Fitted by a recognised technician;
Having a subscription in place to cover?

Looked at briefly and looks like an additional cost I don’t want to pay.   

Thanks, Alan. 
HELP & ASSISTANCE REQUIRED !! / Re: WDW set up Shotts Friday 10th May
« Last post by Alan Mc on May 09, 2024, 07:02:22 PM »
Dave - I can assist from 1.   Number is 07452 997052.  Alan. 
FOR SALE / WANTED / Re: Standard diffs
« Last post by 90csw on May 08, 2024, 11:14:01 AM »
Hi,
I have in the garage a pair of standard diffs from a series 3. These have done around 45k miles so are in good order.
They come with 3 drive-shafts.
They actually belong to a friend (in Arran) but I have been given the task of selling them. I will find out how much he wants and let you know. Alternatively you can make an offer.
I am located in between Lockerbie and Moffat.
Regards,
Bill. 0770 451 0297.
FOR SALE / WANTED / Standard diffs
« Last post by billym on May 07, 2024, 10:22:54 PM »
I,m looking for a pair of standard diffs for a series , Ive got a couple of range rover diffs if someone is looking to swap. Happy to just buy the standards if you prefer.
Thanks Billy
HELP & ASSISTANCE REQUIRED !! / WDW set up Shotts Friday 10th May
« Last post by Dave T on May 07, 2024, 03:59:01 PM »
I’m intending to set up Who Dares Wins on Friday afternoon, from around 1 ish (could change time a bit if need be) any help would be appreciated
TECHNICAL CHAT / Re: 300 Tdi Oil Light
« Last post by Mikey on May 06, 2024, 11:10:23 PM »
Thanks Chris,

Yes, got a new switch on the way. Hoping that's it......
TECHNICAL CHAT / Re: 300 Tdi Oil Light
« Last post by chrislightweight on May 06, 2024, 08:24:07 PM »
I'd try changing the oil pressure switch on the engine

After that you may be looking at an engine swap / rebuild
TECHNICAL CHAT / 300 Tdi Oil Light
« Last post by Mikey on May 06, 2024, 05:44:00 PM »
Hello,

My oil light has started sometimes coming on whilst idling. Weirdly it used to flicker on whilst slowing down (foot off accelerator) but only in the wet, when plenty of rain water had sprayed up around the engine.

It now seems to come on when the engine's hot, and whilst braking, coming to a junction for example. As soon as I push the accelerator the light goes off.
Wasn't sure at first of it was an electrical connector issue, so I re-terminated the spade connector at the oil filter which was rusty (and covered in oil....). This seemed to sort it out but the past couple of days now it's been more constant. Is that connector at the filter the oil pressure sensor though?
Oil level is spot on, on the dip stick.

Any thoughts appreciated. 300Tdi in a 110.

Mike

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10