2A Temp Sender

· 5 · 732

dalbuie

• Name: David Black
2A Temp Sender
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »
Hi,

I want to get the temp gauge working on my Series 2A but there doesn't seem to be a temp sender fitted in the place I would expect from searches on this and other forums. I can find the triangle switch for the choke warning light (which I don't use as have fitted a different choke) but not the sender for the gauge.

Is the bolt under the thermostat housing in the picture below a place where the sender should go or alternatively can I fit a sender to the place the choke switch warning light sensor is currently fitted.

Thanks
D
Never look into a laser with your remaining eye!

lurch032003

Re: 2A Temp Sender
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »
Hi not sure but on S3 its on the head at rear of the rocker cover and sure its same for yours I can in a day or two when home have a check onine the s2 thàt is and get a pic bar that try posting in the s2c forum for help on same question

dalbuie

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
I found this pic on another forum so think this might be the place?

On a far cleaner engine  :)

cenemc

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »
Yes that is the temp sender (with the blue connector on it).
The Otter switch (the triangle shape one) is no use for a gauge as it is just an off/on rather than a varies, if you get what I mean :o
Not aware of any temp gauge sender that can replace the Otter switch.

This is the temp sender you need;

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/1319/61/560794-WATER-OIL-TEMP-TRANSMITTER.html

HTH

dalbuie

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:50 PM »
Thanks.

A big difference in price for Britpart and Genuine - are Britpart as poor quality as people say? I did get a lock a while back and it definitely wasn't as good as the original ones but it was OK...