MSA Radio ID

· 8 · 2417

paulmagoo

MSA Radio ID
« on: May 03, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »
Anybody know how I can get an updated ID for a MSA mobile?  I have a MSA Handheld and was assiged Vulture 44 as my callsign?

BR Paul

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
Re: MSA Radio ID
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 03:28:09 PM »
If you are an SLROC member we can assign you one of our Lowbox call signs. Best get in touch with Ian Stuart, he knows much more about this than most! send a PM to "pilotcustard"

Alan

piper5

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:40:01 PM »
if you have vulture 44 already you need to contact andrea wren at the msa she will give you another 4 digit number for the new radio, who ever supplies the new radio has to give you a certificate of conformity which then goes to the msa
you will then be assigned vulture 44 for the vehicle and 44 alpha for the handy

paulmagoo

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
Cheers Richard,

Have you a contact for Wren?

piper5

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 05:54:01 PM »
sorry no but you should find it on the msa site

Alarmgard

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:52 PM »
Paul if your intending on keeping the Vulture Call sign then you need to sort your ani through the Sorc Radio coordinator, if your after a new Lowbox Call sign then speak to Ian Stuart (Steve James has sorted ani's in the past as well, but Ian will be easier to get hold off)

In either case there is no point in contacting Andrea directly at the MSA, as she will not do anything unless either club coordinator has given her permission to add or amend the clubs radio allocation.

If your looking to swap your handheld from a Vulture to a Lowbox call sign, you will most likely need to get your radio rechecked and a new certificate of conformity issued.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

paulmagoo

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »
Thanks Colin and everyone.

Need to make some calls/emails then

BR Paul

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
Paul,

As Colin & Piper5 have pointed out, the Vulture call signs are all SORC radios - so they are your contact. Graeme Barry is the man (email is graeme (at) graemebarrie.com)

If you want to have the hand-held as a second radio to the car-unit, then it will get its own ANI number, and become Vulture 44 Alpha.

Alternatively, you could register the radio through SLROC, get both a call-sign and an ANI number through James (steve.james2 (at) uk.bp.com)... and the radio would be LowBox some-number.

Personally, I'd not recommend the second route: 1) You have to remember which radio you are using, and remember to switch from Vulture 44 to Lowbox some-number when you pick up the hand-held; and 2) It will confuse the heck out of the event officials, until they remember that you have two different call signs.

Of course, there is a third alternative: switch BOTH radios to SLROC, and they can become LowBox  some-number and LowBox  some-number Alpha  :D