lurch032003

Re: what did you do with your landy in 2014
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2014, 02:20:42 AM »
Well going to head out on a few hrs to fix / replace window to roof seal and put bigger shackles on rear of the S3 in hope to sort out its lead springs then if time co tinplate idear of fitting flashing amber lights on roof and sides got six of them and a controller I bought a while back when I had a mad idear plus just remembered got led bulbs to fit on brake lights and adjust brake pedal as brake lights staying on anyways back to sleep as its 2:19am and still feel fully awake :-( and leg is sore can't get comphy either grrrr laters

lurch032003

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2014, 02:43:10 AM »
Here's a pic with her new Tyers fitted it really has finished her of and I'm happy with the result

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2014, 10:13:48 PM »
Looks really smart with those wheels on.

lurch032003

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2014, 10:51:32 PM »
Fitted longer rear shackles and she looks to be sitting alot better the S3 , fitted new front roof seal and added six nuts and bolts that where not fitted just the mirror two where holding the front of the roof to windscreen :-0 fitted led bulbs to front and rear massive differance I never thought they would be so bright at least now people can't say they didn't see my signal also adjusted foot brake on off switch for lights needed about six turns to get it to go off :-0 must of been driving with them on for a while at least now there sorted, going for a road test to see how she handles and rides now, anyways,
laters all

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2014, 07:37:20 PM »
did tell you about the brake lights - at 'the gathering'  ::)
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

lurch032003

« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2014, 01:20:19 AM »
did tell you about the brake lights - at 'the gathering'  ::)

I never remember anything these days lol but knew someone had just hadn't registered lol anyways had anther problem with indicator today right flash and passengers stay on after some deduction and fiddling about have ended up buying a new flasher relay and new set of bulb holders fir all round as originals all passed there best now, if I keep up at this rate of buying replacing I should have a complete new vehicle in a few years lmao

neils

• Name: Neil Scott
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2014, 09:11:17 AM »
Got 90 MOT'd after a summer refurb. Purchased in April, what could have been faulty, rusty or broken was. So it's been a long haul but well worth it. Best driving Land Rover I've been in. Sound of V8 just adds to the fun. looking forward to making use of it, according to MOT logs it's only done 2000 since 2006. I think it has been sitting at the bottom of a farmers cess pit the state it was in. If anybody know motor would be good to hear if that was true, it is blue county and it had a TAZ graphic on the bonnet D25POE definitely used off road so someone's bound to know some history.  :D
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!

lurch032003

« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2014, 09:41:03 PM »
Had to go get a slow puncture fixed , tiny hole in tube but can't see on wall any puncture oh well will know in morning,bar that got brake master cylinder to adjust as peddle traveling a bit since last time and see nut come loose as locking washer and locking nut must of jiggled free since ggr up at Gemm,s as that was last checked then before going ah well the joys of having something that keeps you busy is what I needed and I defiantly got that lol.
Laters
John

lurch032003

« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
Well see nobody else has said what there doing so here's a wee update, had posted I broke down other week and have manged to find and temp fix, one of the bolts that hold down the thermostate is threaded so hope to get to t this week , going to try a wee weld into the hole and rethread it fingers crossed it works as wanting to partake in the ggr on Sunday meanwhile, I'm on way to Tayport to see john there to pick up a couple of bts but stopped at swimbo's mothers at Auchtermuchty for a rest and tablets, hope also for news soon for anther op on leg so can stop sounding like a babys rattle with all these damm tablets I need to take anyways post up what your up to as its near Xmas anyone treating themselfs to something nice?
Cheers
John

Greigboy

« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »
Stripped the SU carbs on my V8 90, everything looked in good order, albeit a bit clatty, a tin of carb cleaner later and all back together with fresh oil in the dash pots and a new choke cable.
I used 20/50 engine oil this time as opposed to 3 in 1 oil that I usually use
It fired up quicker than normal with a noticeable difference in engine note, as soon as I pulled out the drive I could tell there was a big improvement, much smoother and sharper response, flat spot at low revs has gone and more beans on the motorway, it's also running at a normal temp, where previously it was running cool no doubt due to mixture.
So all in all a productive morning just need to get a carb balancer do dah and set them up properly  ;D
1986 Land Rover 90 CSW V8

gennydoctor

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »

Fitted the rear parabolics on my series 3 looks now it sits better than the flat originals! Took the seatbox out to repair the cubby box bit. Loosely hung the replacement rear door that is to replace the rotten one that came with it and fitted the van sides on hardtop.

Will hopefully get the rotten bulkhead out before xmas...

lurch032003

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2014, 05:16:02 PM »
Sprung a leak in the thermostat valve tap and the housing plus pipe leading into heater matrix from last breakdown , well yesterday got out to fix it all, replaced vale tap with spair I had from other engine,cut and fitted new gashget to side ,tightened up clip hose, welded hole to retap thread fir thermostats bolt but don't think I have it right yet but on test run not town she held and no leaks I could see so fingers crossed that's er till better weather appears or I get her in the garage if I get chance to move all the vehicles about bar that GGR day tomorrow and swmbo is coming along  ::) this will be interesting she will either love it or hate it , fingers crossed she loves it as woud be financially beneficial to restoration and on going repairs  8)
Anyways those who are going see you there and those not hopefully will get pics up after to see what you missed.
Oh if you see me honk or get behind me and push lol

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2014, 11:14:48 PM »
Bought new remote and wired it in today, winch working fine now

Before

After

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:21:08 PM by kvz2000 »

hunter

« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »
THIS WEEK END IN MY GARAGE I HAVE CUT AND SHUT A  DISCOVERY CHASSIS DOWN TO 80 INCHES AND PUT ON  BULKHEAD AND ROLL GAGE MOUNTS THIS 80 INCH LAND ROVER WILL BE GETTING  A 2.25  PETROL ENGINE AND SERIES 2 GEARBOX  :)   SHOULD BE A VERY COOL TRIALS CAR   ::)

hunter

« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »
 :-* had to try out my new christmas present (chop saw) today! So I have made to bulk heads and four doors lol should have bought one years ago