Marshal training day

· 2 · 2230

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Marshal training day
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »
On the 2nd October 2010, the Scottish Hill Rally Club is running a training day aimed at Hill Rally marshals (and, by extension, Special Stage Rally marshals.)

Based at Forrest Estate (Forrest Lodge, near St John?s Town of Dalry, Galloway), the training will cover essential marshalling safety, how to set up a stage, communications, timekeeping, and incident management.... and will include practical sessions including running a mock stage.

With the morning based indoors and the afternoon outdoors this should be an interesting and informative day, and ideal preparation for marshalling at both rallies and cross-country competition such as the Scottish Borders Hill Rally in November.

Supported by the British Motor Sports Training Trust, the event will be complete with refreshments and a hot lunch (probably stovies).

All welcome, although we would appreciate an indication of numbers ? for further information, please contact training@castlemotorsport.co.uk

Alarmgard

Cancelled - Marshal training day
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 10:08:34 AM »
All

Thank you all for your support and indicating that you were planning to attend the training next weekend.  Unfortunately at last count the numbers were so low that I could count them on one hand and it doesn't seem practical to put the event on for those numbers.  As a result, regrettably, I need to cancel the training.

My apologies to you for putting a spanner in your plans for next weekend.

Regards

Rupert

Rupert Hine
Castle (Motorsport) Safety Service
MSA Lead Trainer
07711 619322
training@castlemotorsport.co.uk
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075