Wired !

· 4 · 1280

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Wired !
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:00:26 PM »
Note to self - Don't drive over old barbed wire fences, the tyres will not like it :-(

2 new MTs on order  - wallet feeling even more :-(

Seriously - Didn't spot the old fencing lying in the grass until it was too late, two tyres punctured, one shredded with wire hanging out the carcass. Not good.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

genem

Re: Wired !
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
Note to self - Don't drive over old barbed wire fences, the tyres will not like it :-(

2 new MTs on order  - wallet feeling even more :-(

Seriously - Didn't spot the old fencing lying in the grass until it was too late, two tyres punctured, one shredded with wire hanging out the carcass. Not good.

Now mighty peed off with Kwikfit. Been waiting for these tyres for a week - rang up to find out what was happening.....three calls later I find that "They were ordered last week" has turned into " Sorry mate, we can't get them." Now, I'm maybe a tad thick but BF Goodrich Mud Terrains in 235/85/r16 may not be normal on a car but they are not that unusual surely ? They were on the computer when the guy ordered them !  Very poor customer service to quote for a product you can't get - especially when its a list item from a major manufacturer !
......and I don't think they even touched the other two wheels I asked them to balance, no noticeable difference at all.

Tyres now on order from T'internet, which is where I should have gone in the first place. :-(

Grrrr.

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »
Did you try Budget Tyres at Springkerse Gene? They have always been 1st class with getting me MTR's and ATR's - believe it or not they are the "discount" part of Kwik Fit! This is not the same Budget Tyres as on the Back O'Hill Road trading estate.
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

genem

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
No Tim, I didn't. I've used that Budget branch before and they were OK for the Golf.  The whole Kwik-fit thing is wierd, thats the same branch tha were quite happy to swap my MTs from Wolf rims to Alloys a year or so ago....and now its like I was asking them to source tank tracks or something.  Anyway, they are off my list for all 4 of the family fleet.