Workshop Bay

· 6 · 1939

Radarears

• photo bucket
Workshop Bay
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »
I have a friend who is thinking of renting out a workshop bay with 4 post ramp on a half day or daily basis. There might be a remote possibility to keep a Land Rover there for a short while if work was on going but not to be used as a long term storage facility ;) ;)
The bay would have light and heat and ramp.
Would this interest anybody?
It is located in the Perth area. Cost not known at present.   
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Workshop Bay
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Depending on cost, yes. Fed up with lying in chicken sh@t and sawdust on the barn floor....  ;)

I've always wondered why someone did not do this on a larger scale. I imagine that the liability insurance would be a big factor. The other one would be the "half-day" job that goes pete tong and leaves an immobile vehicle on the ramp, making it difficult to programme rentals ?
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »
if i can learn where to plug in the spanners ::) then id be interested, even for basic servicing. fed up paying garage bills and not knowing what has really been done. perth isnt exactly a million miles away and the advantage of a ramp would be a real bonus
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

rangerovering

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »
Know of someone who would be very interested. Would there be scope for a long term rental?
Steve

Scott110

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »
Great idea pitty not over in Midlothian im needing storage/ working space. There are a good few about but their always booked out or overpriced.
Id happily take 6 motnhs storage /workshop space.been offered shipping contatiner storage and a good price but ya cant build a landy in a container lol.
Good luck great idea open it up to evryone though noit just landys makes more scense profit wise. Forget mates rates etc.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

rangerovering

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 05:21:08 PM »
Any more news on this? cheers
Steve