Competition rules

· 10 · 2134

Growlz

• SmilingHound
Competition rules
« on: November 27, 2010, 11:30:04 PM »
Hi, i've just joined the forum and will be sending off my membership form and payment next week.

But, i can't seem to find and regulations for the competitions. Is the club run under the ARC regs and is there any constraints on engines, running gear etc?

Cheers, G

georgew

Re: Competition rules
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »
Sorry that there have been 40 odd views & no replies.

Welcome to the forum & to the club.
I hope you dont mind if i dont answer on the Rules/regs etc,
i will leave that to others hopefully as i am not a club member.

What type of events are you interested in, Tyro, RTV, Comp Safari, CCVT ?

all the best,
george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
Hi and welcome ;D
I'm sure an expert will be along soon to tell you about the rules but I do know you need front and rear recovery points for RTV from personal experience lol

All the best

Ross

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 06:51:33 PM »
Hello- welcome to the forum and the club. When i joined, i had a copy of the competition rules & regs sent out to me with my membership bumf. :)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

Growlz

• SmilingHound
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »
Cheers Lads, I guess everyone is out playing in the snow.

George, i'm interested in Tyro's for the kids and RTV's, CCV's for me at the moment, but ultimately comp safaris. I doubt that i'll get into comp safaris this year as we've just had daughter number 3 a couple of weeks ago. However, it would be good to know what rules i need to be building my motor to for next year.

I used to be a member of the Peak and Dukeries LRC and did a few CCV's with them but that was in 1994/95 and i've done nothing competetive since apart from the odd winch challenge. I'd like to get back into it properly.

G

Growlz

• SmilingHound
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »
Hello- welcome to the forum and the club. When i joined, i had a copy of the competition rules & regs sent out to me with my membership bumf. :)

Oh right, thanks for that. I stuck my membership in the post this morning so will see what comes back. Ta, G

billy

• Name: Billy Phillips
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
hi graham
we run the CCV to ALROC rules with cars being landrover and landrover engine etc however the comps are run to MSA regs and dont need to be landrover spec . i keep my car ALROC spec so i can compete in both disciplines ,if you dont get a ALROC book you can get one at any event out the club caravan or from an official.
regards Billy
Range Rover Classic V8 & TDI ,110 TDI ,Lightwieght V8 Racer "lots of headaches"

Growlz

• SmilingHound
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
hi graham
we run the CCV to ALROC rules with cars being landrover and landrover engine etc however the comps are run to MSA regs and dont need to be landrover spec . i keep my car ALROC spec so i can compete in both disciplines ,if you dont get a ALROC book you can get one at any event out the club caravan or from an official.
regards Billy

Thanks Billy.

Thats me ruled out for CCV's but i'm sure i'll get along to spectate and help out. I'll have a good look at the MSA regs regarding the comp specs. I take it that i can pretty much run anything for the tyr's, RTV's and the Mud Masters events?

Cheers, G

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »
Graham, I'm just about to put together the 2011 regs... but the technical side of stuff (what you can do to the car, and what it must have) is basic Blue Book stuff, and will match the Hill Rally regs.

The 2010 regs for the Borders Hill Rally are available at http://scottish-hillrally.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_rubberdoc&view=doc&id=21&format=raw

Growlz

• SmilingHound
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »
Thanks Ian,

All good stuff. G