General Category > TECHNICAL CHAT

Full length Roof Rack

(1/5) > >>

coolcamper55:
Can anyone advise on the best way to put up a full length roof rack on a 110.
I have assembled all the bits but the weight the size and the height of the vehicle are all conspiring to defeat me. Dont want to assemble on the roof as it could lead to damage of the paintwork.

I am somewhat vertically challenged and from a family of short a***s so was hoping someone had a neat trick to help.

Thanks,

Tommy

jumbo:
garage etc with strong roof beams and hoist it up to right height then drive under it
borrow up to 4 landies with bonnets, park 2x2 opposite each other. 4 helpers to hold rack to right height then drive 110 between them(use a wall, ladders, banking etc if short of landies
anyone nearby own a forklift?

sorry but i have used stranger solutions to problems than these ;D

coolcamper55:
Any chance of you getting a couple of single deckers up your street, I could travel through to EHR :D :D

Truckster:
Tommy, guess you need an army of volunteers to help you with it. I have the same problem getting my roof rack on and off-its 6-7ft. Im 5'10, but its the weight-weighs a flippin' ton!

I got pallets and laid them on my side of the truck so i got the extra height (the chap who was helping me was tall enough to reach ) and after it was unbolted, we lifted it and took it off over the back door-we yet to face the challenge of putting it back on when her ladyship returns from Larbert, but it'll no doubt be the same way it came off.

I would suggest you put some covers over the roof and back door to protect the bodywork a bit as well.

sthrifty:
Tommy as Mel says cover roof just in case,get someone strong but light on the roof,turn rack upside down slide up a ladder at rear door lay on another ladder on roof,climb up ladder at back two people lift and turn rack third person removes ladder from roof lower rack and bolt on,thats how I did it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version