5th April (Sunday) Green Road Run, Dollar

· 10 · 3224

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
5th April (Sunday) Green Road Run, Dollar
« on: March 05, 2015, 10:36:53 PM »
Hi all,
just to let you know, next planned GRR will be on Sunday 5th April in an area between Dollar and Auchterarder. This will be another forest run using 2 forestry commission areas that we haven't been to before - one of them has a maze of tracks which will certainly test our navigation skills! I don't yet have final signed off permission, but we're at an advanced stage of the process and it's all looking positive, hence putting this notice up so you can get date in diaries.
Once it is signed off, (and I've been up to do a recce of the area) I'll post up full details regarding meeting point and other arrangements for the day.
Would anyone be interested in going to a pub/restaurant after it? I could see about organising that too.
Alan

Udo

• Name: Tom Hunter
Re: 5th April (Sunday) Green Road Run, Dollar
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
I'm always interested in going somewhere to eat, so count me in.

AndyM

• Name: Andy Munro
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »
Would like to attend this.. right on my doorstep  :D

Foods always good

sparks

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »
Hi Alan,
I hope to be there, and would consider eats afterwards.
Gordon

yellodisco

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:46 PM »
Permission form now received so definitely going ahead and we've been granted access to nearly all of the tracks requested.
I'm going up this weekend to do a "recce" and once I've found the most appropriate meeting point and forest entrance to use, I'll post up specific details here early next week. Will also enquire at local hotels /pubs to see what we could do for food and drink after the event, Alan

yellodisco

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:49:12 PM »
Update - did a "recce" over the weekend, so here's some more details. We've got access to 2 forest areas, one of them is a couple of straightforward drives into the hills - there has been quite a bit of clearance work and there are great views on a clear day. The other has a maze of tracks and as the map doesn't quite match the actual tracks on the ground it's easy to get lost. Will sign post it on the day though. Due to the clearance work some of the tracks are rutted and muddy so couldn't be driven by a car, but will not be a problem, even to shiny daily driver Land / Range Rovers, on road tyres. There are also a couple of short (optional) more challenging sections available.
Meeting point is on the B934 Dunning Glen road. From the junction off the A91 at Yetts o' Muckhart, take the A823 towards Crieff /Auchterarder, and after 200 yards bear right onto B934 - Carry on for 3 miles, past very large white house, don't take first entrance into forest, carry on past Earnside farm and entrance is on left -look out for orange arrow.
Event open to members only (but non-members can join on the day), cost is £10, bring a picnic, bring the family and dogs (which must be kept on a lead). Sign on between 10 and 11am -please don't be late as gate will be locked.
The local hotel has a lovely wee bar and eating area and would be pleased to cater for us after the event, but as it's Easter Sunday they expect to be busy so will need a good indication of likely numbers if we want to go there for food. Can you therefore please let me know as soon as possible if you intend to go there afterwards, and how many are in your vehicle.
Think that's everything for just now but give me a shout if anythings missing.
Hope to see as many members as possible for this latest Green Road Run as this is a new area for us, and it should be a great day out.
Alan

Neildisco300

• Name: Neil
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:00:05 PM »
I hope to be along at this one. Hope we get another good day like we did at loch ard

yellodisco

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 11:04:04 PM »
Anyone else want to go for food after this? Plan is to go to Tormaukin Hotel in Glen Devon, which is about 4 miles from where we finish. So far I think we've got Udo (Tom), sparks (Gordon) AndyM, ian &Susanne. It's likely to be busy so hotel have asked me to phone in advance (Thursday) to book numbers in, but if anyone decides to go on the day, if they let me know at sign on I can call the hotel in the morning with final numbers, and hope they can fit us in.
Fingers crossed for a sunny day everyone!
Alan

alang2

• Name: alan gray
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 06:59:56 PM »
Hi we are interested in coming to the run and it would be two for eats afterwards Alan if thats ok

yellodisco

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 08:20:15 PM »
Yes, no problem Alan, have booked for 10 for bar snacks, but there seems to be plenty of space if anyone else wants to go  as long as we're there for about 4:30