June Green Road Run - at Balquhidder, on Sunday 4th

· 8 · 1802

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
June Green Road Run - at Balquhidder, on Sunday 4th
« on: May 10, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
Hi,
following on from previous post, our next Green Road Run will be at Inverlochlarig Estate up by the Braes of Balquhidder, again by kind permission of the MacNaughton family.
Meeting place is the car park of the  Mhor 84 Hotel (perhaps better known as Kingshouse) just off the A84 north of Strathyre, signing on from 10am ready to depart at 11. Morning coffees (or even breakfast) available in the Mhor84 for early arrivals, with the bar open for refreshments, soup, sandwiches at the end of the day - hotel would appreciate a bit of trade from us in return for allowing us to use their carpark for sign-on. 
As with all GRRs, this can be driven by all types of Land Rovers (Series 1 to Disco 5, and everything in between) and no problems on road tyres - this is what your vehicle was built to do.
Cost is a nominal £3 for this run - members only, although non-members can sign up and join the Club on the day. Bring a picnic as we'll stop for lunch at the top of the glen to hopefully enjoy the views, have a look round the other vehicles and a bit of chat. Families, friends and dogs welcome, although dogs must be kept under close control on a lead at all times so as not to worry livestock. Note that for insurance purposes, this run is open only to Land Rover manufactured vehicles.
Our hosts have an excellent farm shop, selling superb venison, lamb etc., and really appreciate purchases by club members when we stop off on the return journey so please bring along plenty cash - they don't get much passing trade up there. Hope to see another good turnout on the day - would be helpful if you can advise if planning to go.

And finally, my regular plea..... -  we are still looking for members to come up with new ideas, venues, locations, contacts to approach, etc.,  for us to broaden out the range of destinations for GRRs - please give this some thought and if you have any ideas at all, get in touch or speak to me at Balquhidder.

thanks, Alan

ianp45

• Name: Ian piacentini
Re: June Green Road Run - at Balquhidder, on Sunday 4th
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:01:36 PM »
£3 for the run sounds like a bargain ,it's normally £10.
Green Defender 110 Utility TDCI

yellodisco

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:40:53 PM »
Just depends what the landowners charge us for access at each site Ian - McNaughtons very kindly give us free access (which is why we encourage purchases at their farm shop) but we always give them a nice malt, flowers and chocolates for the family so just need to cover that cost. Runs at Forestry Commission & MOD sites are more expensive as they run as commercial enterprises and charge us accordingly - basically we aim to break even on the day for GRRs, Alan

soakes94

• Name: Stephen Oakes
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 02:12:13 PM »
Is there a rough idea of what time the run will finish and can passengers be non-members?

Cheers

yellodisco

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 11:48:59 PM »
Hi Stephen, we usually finish from this site around 3pm, although you can bail out earlier if required, and yes, passengers don't have to be members.
Hope to see you on Sunday

soakes94

• Name: Stephen Oakes
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »
Perfect! and I hope to make it! Last 2 times I have tried to come along I have either blown a piston ring or head gasket! So we will see what happens!

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 10:48:20 PM »
Hi All,
I'm hoping to make this event , my first ever event even though a member for a few years , would plan to stay at the hotel where we are meeting . I'll confirm  attendance soon hopefully

NigelC

• Name: Nigel Cole
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 02:41:20 PM »
Hi Alan, I'll be there. My mate will be there too, to join on the day, with his Land Rover that's far to shiny for a Land Rover. But I hope to change that  ;)