Green Road Run -Sunday 17th nov.

· 18 · 5946

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
Green Road Run -Sunday 17th nov.
« on: November 04, 2013, 11:35:36 PM »
Hi, next Green Road Run is all signed off and good to go on 17/11 -right in centre of country between Forth, Whitburn and West Calder. Full details in members section. Alan

lurch032003

Re: Green Road Run -Sunday 17th nov.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »
Hi, next Green Road Run is all signed off and good to go on 17/11 -right in centre of country between Forth, Whitburn and West Calder. Full details in members section. Alan

Hi is this open to non members of slroc ? As I live in west Calder area and would like go join in if okay ? I am a member of the S2c if that helps in any way
Cheers
John

cenemc

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »
Why not join the club John, well worth it!

lurch032003

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 04:59:34 PM »
Why not join the club John, well worth it!
I am intending to but money's tight at ore sent on long term sick and only get mobility at present so have to watch the cash flow closely at present so everything on a budject till I get op and back to work
Cheers
John

yellodisco

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 12:06:56 AM »
Hi John, I'm afraid it has to be members only for 2 reasons -
It is a condition of landowners grant of access, which we have to sign up to, that event is only open to club members.
The clubs insurance policy requires that this type of event only has members as participants.
Non-members can join up on the day, but I appreciate from your note that this may not be possible just now. Sorry, but we have to abide by conditions above, Alan

lurch032003

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
hi alan
i fully understand and will join soon as poss
cheers
john

John barclay

• Name: John Barclay
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:54:46 PM »
Wishing to do grr can't see it in members only last post in there is test June 25th please advise

yellodisco

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 10:24:40 PM »
John, it's in the GRR section further up on home page - try this link - http://slroc2.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9922.0
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:49:32 PM by yellodisco »

pillum

• Just the navigation chip in my LR's rich tapestry
  • Name: Paul Docherty
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »
I get this message when I go to that link:

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Paul
1998 LR Defender Wolf ex MOD
2011 Ford Mustang convertible
2006 Peugeot 1007

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »
Paul,  If you are an SLROC member you should be able to access the area - pm Pilot Custard ( Ian Stuart) to get access.

John. S2C is an ARC member club so your membership would allow you to attend on the 17th as a paying guest, with your S2C membership card. ( by co-incidence we clarified that at the Committee Meeting last night Alan).

Gene.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

yellodisco

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 11:20:31 PM »
Thanks for clarification Gene.

John, hopefully you can now make it along on 17th, Alan

DOUGIE

• Name: Dougie
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 09:10:45 AM »
Hi there,
Where is this starting off about and how much will it cost?
cheers,
Dougie

lurch032003

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »
Hi any info on start , times please?

Dunc

• Name: Duncan Thomson
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 10:53:17 AM »
 :)  :) John this info was in the GRR section for members only ::  hope it helps 
 Hi folks, sorry for delay but just got formal confirmation through from land-owners today.
If you haven't done so already, put the 17th November in your diary. We've been granted access to Heathland Forest which is right in the middle of the Central Belt.. Directions to the meeting point - from the A706 which runs between Forth and Whitburn, take the A704 east towards West Calder and the entrance is approx 1 mile along, on right Hand side - wide forest entrance with double gates. OS grid ref. NS 960 587. Sign on is between 10 and 11 - gate will be locked after that so don't be late. This forest offer a huge variety of tracks from a wide open highway to some tight little tracks. There are some sections which are a little muddy and there are some optional sections which are a little overgrown. As usual, we' ll be setting you off in small groups with a map to explore. As with all GRRs this is suitable for all land rovers on road tyres -there's one optional section which can be avoided if you don't want to risk any scratches -this will be clearly marked on maps. Bring a picnic. Cost for this one will be £12 to cover slightly increased Forestry charges -still a bargain for what should be another cracking day out -over 20 miles of varied driving....and you can go round more than once, or repeat individual sections.
Members only, though new members can join up on the day.
I could do with a couple of volunteers to be there early and to tape off areas we're not to go into - anyone fancy an early run round? Would also appreciate some help with sign-on and drivers briefing - any takers? Could you also let me know if you're intending to come to this so I've got an idea of how many maps to print.
If you haven,t been on a Green Road Run why not come along and give this one a try - if you have been before, then this is a new area for the ever popular "forest exploration" format. As ever, hoping to see a good turnout on the day,
Alan

:)  :) I'll be there if my P38 is fixed as this is about as local as it gets ..  Duncan
If a hammer won't fix it, get a bigger hammer !!

lurch032003

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
Hi since I live in addiewel and have no excuse not to be early and have managed to get monies together for A to join on day and B pay for trip what time would you like me there to help out , please rember I have walking prob so take that into account please bar that looking forward and I will be there just let me know and thanks for the info .
Cheers
John
Ps Gene if your there as above will join on day .