GRR - Sunday 9th June - Balquhidder

· 22 · 6389

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
GRR - Sunday 9th June - Balquhidder
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »
Hi folks, sorry for delay in getting info up for next Sunday.
Original plan not yet finalised so plan B , a run up by the Braes of Balquhidder.
Meeting at the Kings House Hotel car park just off the A84 north of Callander, about halfway between Strathyre and Lochearnhead.
As with all GRRs, this can be driven by all types of Land Rovers and on road tyres. We'll go for a slightly later start with this one so signing on from 11am for 11:30 departure. Please dont be late. Cost is a bargain £5 again for this one - members only, although non-members can sign up on the day. bring a picnic as we'll stop for lunch at the end of the track.
Our hosts have a farm shop, selling excellent venison, lamb etc., so please bring along plenty cash to give them some well-deserved trade.

Alan Mc

Re: GRR - Sunday 9th June - Balquhidder
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:33 PM »
Planning to be there Alan.  Weather forecast looks to be really good......  See you Sunday, Alan.

yellodisco

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:27:27 PM »
Kings House is under new ownership but they're happy for us to use their carpark to congregate as long as I encourage you to partake of their hospitality, so here goes....... They'll be open for morning coffees prior to signing on if you want to get there a bit early, and will be serving afternoon teas, snacks, and beer of course, when we return in the afternoon.
So, bring plenty of cash to spend in Kings House as well as the Farm Shop - could I get some indication of who's planning on turning up on Sunday.

I've just received the permission for the new ground I had been negotiating on, but too late to change plans for Sunday; however it's another good one for later in the year - perhaps an extra date to be slotted into the GRR calendar, Alan

mosstrooper

• Name: mark field
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:59:54 PM »
my wife and I are planning to go  ;)

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
Dad and I coming along :-)

graeme1mckay

• Name: graeme mckay
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 09:56:26 PM »
Me and family too

glasgowkiss

• LR's don't leak; they're marking their territory
    • carson.org.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 10:33:22 PM »
Roll out the red carpet! Bessie the '72 Slll swb will be along. Please don't leave without us! She's slow.
Ken
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:03:29 PM by glasgowkiss »
"You can't become older and wiser unless you've been young and stupid"

Scoosh

• Name: David McLaren
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
I plan to be there - with a Disco For sale !  ;D
If at first you don't succeed -
use a bigger hammer

mel

• Name: Patrick McInally
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 07:33:22 PM »
 Great day the weather was in our side too, Thanks to land owner and yellow dico for setting this up, the play at the river was good too,cheers Paddy.

glasgowkiss

• carson.org.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 09:29:06 PM »
Absolutlely loved the day. Nice number of Landies too. Got some great pics. But reckon that Angus's owner in the silver disco ll are the ones to watch for!

yellodisco

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 11:05:16 PM »
Cheers guys - what a brilliant day it turned out to be. This isn't the longest or most interesting run, but when the landowner says they're happy for us to drive off the track and go for a play in the river, we didn't need to be told twice. Everyone seemed to be having great fun, and it was good to see a D4 attempting to climb up the river bank..... and succeeding on 3rd attempt. Some interesting features to play on but nothing too difficult, although at least one needed a pull out of a deep hole. Look forward to seeing some photos on here.
Alan

graeme1mckay

• Name: graeme mckay
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 08:40:35 AM »
http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/sammck12/library/Facebook/SLROC%209%20june%202013

i All, here is a link to some of Sams photos from yesterday. There are more,  but she reckons that these are the best and there should be at least one of each vehicle. If anyone wants higher res copies let me know

glasgowkiss

• carson.org.uk
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 11:22:26 PM »
Hi
These photographs are fantastic as I knew they would be! I would love a few of the ones of my land rover on hi res if you could. email is ken@carson.org.uk and the ones I liked particularly were 69 70 75 78 and 80.
Cheers!
Ken

Land Rogie

• Name: Eileen Knight
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 11:46:15 PM »
Great day,. Dad and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and Sam's photos are fantastic :-)  Would love a copy of the pic of my Dads Defender at the river as we dropped nose first into a bit of a hole..can't find the pic number but green 90 reg ZTE

Scoosh

• Name: David McLaren
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 10:30:10 AM »
I love the photos at the end of Angus 'guarding his flock' !  ;D
If at first you don't succeed -
use a bigger hammer